"Crazy Mommies and Daddies" 2012 Award Entries

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Softball season has started, and the crazies are out. So, time to share you Crazy Parent stories. (After many discussions with Screwball and Amy, I now readily concede that there as many Crazy Softball Women as Crazy Softball Men...)

To start this off, here is my 2012 entry:

From Chicagoland, the city of broad shoulder and weak minds:

Daddy walks into the HS AD's office and starts complaining about the fences. He wants them moved in to 190 feet so that his DD can hit more home runs. He says his DD isn't hitting enough HRs, and this will help her get a scholarship.​

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Daddy walks into the HS AD's office and starts complaining about the fences. He wants them moved in to 190 feet so that his DD can hit more home runs. He says his DD isn't hitting enough HRs, and this will help her get a scholarship.

Small mind.. why not make the fences 130 feet and she can hit LOTS AND LOTS of Home Runs. I know - let's have movable fences... that come in for the home team and go back for visitors...

Since I think we are now playing "top the last post", here is my submission. This is from the baseball side of our local rec league but qualifies for the award...

Last week the board received from the known local crackpot parent a 34 page printed missive on how the umpires are 'ensuring his son can not succeed' and how this has been going on since coach pitch (his kid is 9 years old). Accompanying this submission was also 36 glossy photos of supposed bad calls that intentionally went against his kid along with 4 DVD's with full videos of every game the team has played this season (including both his 'at game' comments and a voice over commentary pointing out all the injustices occurring.

The opening sentence of the missive reads as follow:

"Dear Board,

I would like to again bring to your attention the continued results of the official's jealousy of my son's baseball talents. "​

It goes downhill from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
#10 00fpdaddy 3'sDad 513 7smom abbygale Ade's Dad Ahote Ajaywill Alan Snedeker albbak amanda_cake Amy in AZ. argodad Arnival awinn Axe BaldNBeautiful Banditscoach BB875 bcasper10 bcnuke33 beastcakes10 Bill Bollinger BoardMember BobS Bouldersdad briand bringtheheatmom Bucketrider Bugoozi bwalk63 bwill C.K Cannonball Carmen Morrison Murphy Casey cblake33 chazbz1 chinamigarden Coach Al Coach Stan Coach-n-Dad Coach661 CoachEd CoachFP Coachmom coachtucc CobraAssist Coletrain Comp CoogansBluff Country Boy CoyoteCoach Crabby_Bob crankermo crystlemc cshilt ctfastpitch curiousgeorge CycloneSoftball22 Dabears17 daddiox2 Daddy O dadof3girls dadof7 dadonachair darken DB1 ddose DOG310 Don DonnieS doublesteal Down and Out dpett dpstock27 dropball1 dr_destructo dukie EP Dad Eric fairlaniac fireball FiveFrameSwing flamethrower fourts Get-n-Go go4um GOINGDEEP golancers Goobie Greenmonsters greg99 guero_gordo halskinner Hillhouse Hitter honus14 Hoover's Dad Hortond iMlearning jacketsfan JAD JasonMayhem jaywools Jdaddy Jesse jinjet95 JJ Hammer jjsomer jryan15 just-learning jwalk Kaizen KCM Ken Krause KenB kenb63 kew1076 kjt1010 knightsb Krystal23 left turn LeftiesDad lhowser littlereddeer1 lose a few Lozza Lrgmouth mad hornet MagicDad maksoftball MandM Marc Dagenais marriard mcastles MEL mgardner Michael N Mike in CA missymeg7321 mizunomp37 MK37 mm'spapa mnh999 Momo'sDad mosftballdad MPT Mr T MsDinosaur MTR nanotech14 NewSBDad NorthMS Not_Enuf_Mustard NWITom obbay PA SB Dad parrot Peligro Sports PEPPERS Perfect Circle pizza-boy01 Playaction Poseidon pridefpsb17 Quake Softball quincy rackem4me rbescoe rdbass REB Rebala redhack redhotcoach Rennikselum Rich Balswick RichK RobD RookKev Rooster's Dad Rooster98 roscoe545 rowdy Roz rscksd44 RubberBiscuit Rumble25 SAMBU101010 SBFAMILY Scarecrow shagpal shockcoach sister61 skwinters1 sleepy sleepy1 Slick sluggers SnocatzDad SoCalSoftballdad softball12 softballdad97 softballphreak Spaghetti9er Sparky Guy starsnuffer Steve Huff Stever stiksdad straightleg stufu2012 Sweet Lou T Red tcannizzo TDS Tewks theaddition theree ThompsonUSSSA TigerJeff tman7078 tmolina Tqracer53 treeguy turnoverdrop UKwildcat undergroundga utnoone wannahit Westwind whatsup YaganaWcott YOCOACH Zul77

Is this the list of nominees? What do we win? Any consolation prizes?

Jan 25, 2011
Goingdeep,how dare you not move me up to the front of that list!You know I have a private coach that helps me write my post.I just feel that you are favoring some of the others.

Jan 6, 2009
Texas
Small mind.. why not make the fences 130 feet and she can hit LOTS AND LOTS of Home Runs. I know - let's have movable fences... that come in for the home team and go back for visitors...

Since I think we are now playing "top the last post", here is my submission.

This is from the baseball side of our local rec league but qualifies for the award... Last week the board received from the known local crackpot parent a 34 page printed missive on how the umpires are 'ensuring his son can not succeed' and how this has been going on since coach pitch (his kid is 9 years old). Accompanying this submission was also 36 glossy photos of supposed bad calls that intentionally went against his kid along with 4 DVD's with full videos of every game the team has played this season (including both his 'at game' comments and a voice over commentary pointing out all the injustices occurring.

The opening sentence of the missive reads as follow:

"Dear Board,

I would like to again bring to your attention the continued results of the official's jealousy of my son's baseball talents. "​

It goes downhill from there.

Holy Jeez, you really cant make this stuff up. I thought I had seen some crazy parents. I guess thats the benefit of having only coached select - a crazy parent comes up and says something whacky like that to me - and they are packed and off the team. Someplaces, mostly high school ball, these poor coaches have no place to sent the fruitcakes. ( i mean the parents - not the kids)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Goingdeep,how dare you not move me up to the front of that list!You know I have a private coach that helps me write my post.I just feel that you are favoring some of the others.

I apologize, but the 2 years I have been on here the individuals trying to achieve this award have strived long and hard for this honor. Their dedication day in and day out, putting their reputation on the line, competing against fellow crazies. We all recognize that some deserve this award more than others. But the opportunity to be crowned king or queen of craziness makes all of us ambitious about such a prestigious award.

Good luck to all. The judges will have a hard time choosing. :)

Jan 20, 2010
I got nothing super crazy yet.....but its early. First tournament of the year a couple weeks ago, we played up a division against some pretty darn good teams. All games were within one run. I have three pitchers, two are exceptional one is a work in progress. Very inconsistant in game situations in finding the zone and has not developed that pitchers attitude yet. Anyway we have a pretty good showing in the tournament, girls played their butts off. Dad of #3 pitcher wants to know why his daughter did not see any game time. Surpirsed look on my face I say your daughter played every inning of every game and batted every game. He said no pitching time. Really, #3 pitcher dad gonna give me problems. All games were one run games. Last game went to IT. So now I got to have another parent meeting.....2nd one to go over how to approach a coach. I have a 24 hour rule, girls must come to me first, if not satisfied with the answer, I will discuss with the parents on what needs to improve. Really, I just went over team goals, playing times/ positions and team rules in October and this is gonna start already. So this is not my official entry, just an early rant. I will have a much better story I am sure in a couple of weeks.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Ok, I got one of my classic moments here. I'll have to give some background so you can understand the video.

HS coach is a little man with glasses just like in the video. This player's dad is a huge black man and thinks his kid is the greatest ever. Tara, his daughter was only playing JV and not getting any love on varsity. They had a private meeting and the next game his daughter started every varsity game for about 3 weeks. He did send his brother, another big black man to the very next game, he sat right behind the dugout like he was "watching" the coach.

Roy mentioned in the video is the assistant coach, Jeff mentioned is a friend of mine out in the crazy dad section.

You can see by the date of the video I made this last year on youtube, so I'm not just making this up. But I did get in trouble with the school AD and was asked to remove it ( I just made it private ) so I can only leave this up a few days and then I'll have to take it down.

See, HS ball can be very entertaining. :) We all laughed so hard in the crazy section, watched this on our iphones for weeks.

[video=youtube_share;bXLbqvBfEYc]http://youtu.be/bXLbqvBfEYc[/video]

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Softball season has started, and the crazies are out. So, time to share you Crazy Parent stories. (After many discussions with Screwball and Amy, I now readily concede that there as many Crazy Softball Women as Crazy Softball Men...)

To start this off, here is my 2012 entry:

From Chicagoland, the city of broad shoulder and weak minds:

Daddy walks into the HS AD's office and starts complaining about the fences. He wants them moved in to 190 feet so that his DD can hit more home runs. He says his DD isn't hitting enough HRs, and this will help her get a scholarship.​

Here's where that crazy daddy made his mistake. He asked when he just should've been like Nike - Just Do It! Fence at DD's HS is portable. If she's coming up 10 feet short regularly, it'd take me only about 30 minutes to move the sections in the dark by myself and no one would even notice as there's no warning track! How do I know this to be true? I'm not sayin'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi