Comparison of Vinci gloves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 1, 2021
We are looking for a new glove for DD, 14 yrs old, 5'4, 110 lb, plays both infield (usually 2B) and outfield and is learning to pitch. She's playing TB (NY/NJ area) and will play high school ball next spring. She has long, skinny hands so a smallish wrist opening would probably work for her. We've been eyeing a couple Vinci gloves online, specifically the 22 series, RV1923 and RCV1250, both 12.5". Other than the open vs. closed webs, what differences are there between these gloves? Do they really measure 12.5"? Is the wrist opening adjustable at all? I can't find anywhere near us to see and touch these gloves in person. I may end up getting both and sending one back. Any advice appreciated! Thanks.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
We are looking for a new glove for DD, 14 yrs old, 5'4, 110 lb, plays both infield (usually 2B) and outfield and is learning to pitch. She's playing TB (NY/NJ area) and will play high school ball next spring. She has long, skinny hands so a smallish wrist opening would probably work for her. We've been eyeing a couple Vinci gloves online, specifically the 22 series, RV1923 and RCV1250, both 12.5". Other than the open vs. closed webs, what differences are there between these gloves? Do they really measure 12.5"? Is the wrist opening adjustable at all? I can't find anywhere near us to see and touch these gloves in person. I may end up getting both and sending one back. Any advice appreciated! Thanks.
I kinda like the idea of getting both, but one for infield and one for outfield, and keeping them both! A glove for 2B is generally the smallest glove on the field. Late 14U, and definitely 16U up, all the TB girls who played both of those positions had two dedicated gloves. There’s been guys here who have disagreed with me on this.....two gloves is the answer I think.

I’ve had a lot of Vinci’s through our house but neither model you mentioned, I did have a Kip 12.5” RCV-VM that was gifted to my DD when she committed. Not sure what was going on with Vinci when they sized that glove, wasn’t even close to 12.5”! It was barely larger than a 12” Pro1000, definitely not an OF glove! Don’t know how that RCV-VM compares size wise to the two gloves you’re looking at? It would definitely work for infield!

It’s the black Vinci with the Tombo (?) web. Hope all this confusion helps. 🙄
8E306626-90EF-440B-94AA-992523A9116F.jpegE659156C-C5DE-45A5-980E-5894AFE56BF2.jpeg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles