Coach Interference?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2011
Only if some defender had a chance however slight to make a play on the ball. One of my buddies recently had a game with a pop up on 1B side, F3 probably could not catch it but we will never know as coach made a nice bare handed catch. INT, batter out, any other runners return to base occupied at time of INT.

If no chance for any fielder to make a play on the ball.. then this is simply a foul ball.

May 23, 2012
The coach should not be interfering with the ball, period. If is it accidental (or unavoidable) that's different but intentional interfering by a base coach should be called an out - otherwise I could run around the field and distract the opposing team while my girls are up to bat.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
The coach should not be interfering with the ball, period. If is it accidental (or unavoidable) that's different but intentional interfering by a base coach should be called an out - otherwise I could run around the field and distract the opposing team while my girls are up to bat.

Umpireernie provided the correct answer.

Jul 28, 2008
I would only stop ground balls hit towards me that were obvious fouls. Speeds up the game when you don't have the girls playing chase to get the errant balls. Fly balls...NEVER. I gave their fielders a clear path to the ball.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
I would only stop ground balls hit towards me that were obvious fouls. Speeds up the game when you don't have the girls playing chase to get the errant balls. Fly balls...NEVER. I gave their fielders a clear path to the ball.

Does anyone ever read the OP?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00