CF9 or CF Zen?? Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2019
My DD has had every -11 Demarini since the CF7, so I can give our opinions:

-Do not buy a used -11. They are fragile. I always bought them new knowing that they were a one season bat.
-She liked the CF7 by far the best, followed closely by the CF8 and then CF9. They all broke.
-Her CFX was a dud. Never seemed to have the pop of the others, and developed a rattle. This was by far the worst of the bunch. Maybe just got a bad one?
-The CF Zen had more pop than the CFX, but she didn't love it like the old CF7. This was the only one that didn't break, but it seemed to start dying after about 6 months. Maybe it was getting ready to break? She stopped using it at that time as she was transitioning into a -10 full time. She rated this one 2nd from the bottom of the list.

I wouldn't pay more for a new CF9 over the CF Zen. But if price were the same, I would get my DD the CF9 because she liked it better than her Zen. That is strictly because of her personal experience.

Jan 26, 2015
The cf9 -11 was a special bat. Probably the hottest my daughter ever owned. Head to head cf9 if money and durability aren’t an issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi