BEST fundraisers out there....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Illinois
We live in Illinois... a little town called Dwight. We have summer league baseball, softball & t-ball teams. The Village owns the property & fields & the leagues have their own board & funding, etc. A tornado ... or should I say a few tornado's hit our small town of 4500 people & one of the things destroyed were 3 out of 4 of our playing fields, announcement booths, concession stand, scoreboards, dug outs, backstops, fencing - everything!
We are completing our season on High School fields & Park & Rec fields for this year - but am looking forward to the future.
Yes the Village has insurance to repair the damage - but we are all wanting to work together to rebuild bigger & better. Now is the time to reconstruct how the fields are layed out, therefore we are looking at fundraising to help with the funds....
Any brilliant idea's????

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Bake sales, car washes, yard sales (great thing to do during the summer). Another popular thing around here is selling candy bars. They usually sell well and are yummy, of course. Our HS softball team raised $5,000 selling candles.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
Our big hitters have been Christmas tree recycling on the two weekends after Christmas, and then we did middle school dances last year. Raised about 4K on the tree thing in just one weekend. Middle school dances were good for my daughter's team last year, until other groups started doing them. Nice thing about those is it requires about 4 hours total and that's it.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
Our big hitters have been Christmas tree recycling on the two weekends after Christmas, and then we did middle school dances last year. Raised about 4K on the tree thing in just one weekend. Middle school dances were good for my daughter's team last year, until other groups started doing them. Nice thing about those is it requires about 4 hours total and that's it.

how does the tree recycling work?

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
how does the tree recycling work?

We lined up a landscaping company with a large chipper that donated their time. The head coach's business has two large old dump-bed trucks. We went door-to-door handing out flyers advertising the pickup of the trees for a donation of 5 dollars, the week before Christmas. Then, the weekend after Christmas, we canvassed the neighborhoods. We got as many trees by just looking for ones sitting on porches and driveways as by phone calls from the flyers. Most people were happy to $5 to get rid of them. We had two central locations, one for each truck (grocery store parking lots) where we dropped off the trees, then trucked them to the chipper. Had lots of people just come and drop them off there as well.

Our take was nothing compared to the Boy Scouts......they went door-to-door several weeks before Christmas and sold tickets to put on the trees....pay the $5 and tie on the ticket, toss it out the door. If we made $4K.....the Scouts made $40K.

Jul 11, 2010
We did trash pickup on a 10 mile stretch of road (it was a two lane state highway, but not too heavily traveled on a Sunday AM). 10 girls = 1 mile per family.....DD, wife and I drove to our mile marker, parked the van, walked up one side one mile, crossed over, back the other side to the van, and headed home....team made $1500 in about 2 hrs. We MAYBE filled 1 trash bag.

Jun 16, 2010
Well, if your town is only 4500 people, you might be fundraising from yourselves. Isnt that a zero-sum endeavour?

The small town I used to live in was population 10,505. The biggest fundraisers there were things like fish-frys, etc. Sometimes with an outdoodr gathering/dance or something too. The whole community would buy tickets for the dinners

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
If you have over ten thousand people in your TOWN, it is NOT a small town. I googled my county and this was the most recent census results: 18,480 people in the entire county. You ought to try fund raising from that.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
If you have over ten thousand people in your TOWN, it is NOT a small town. I googled my county and this was the most recent census results: 18,480 people in the entire county. You ought to try fund raising from that.

That sounds small to me, I live with 600,000 of my closest friends. Heck, I think there may be high schools with more than 4500 people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles