Baylor Covers Up Rape - Despicable

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 15, 2013
My revulsion meter has been turned up to 11 today after reading the article: Silence at Baylor - Texas Monthly. Apparently Baylor football coach Art Briles knowingly took in a violent player who had been kicked off of Boise State's football team, even though he had just been named to the Freshman All-American Team! Nobody gets rid of that kid unless he's done something terrible.

Within a few months of arrival on campus at Baylor, he raped a freshman Baylor soccer player. Convicted yesterday, he is awaiting sentencing today. Read the article above and see how Baylor tried to sweep this under the rug. Just last week his defensive coordinator was telling the media how he was expected to play again in a couple of weeks. Baylor actually made her re-arrange her schedule so that she could avoid being in the same study hall and classes with this rapist. After they reduced her scholarship, she transferred.

My daughter dreams of playing college softball. Stories like this make my blood boil. What kind of environment will I be sending my daughter into?

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
The judge sentenced him to 3 months in the county lock-up, with 10 years of probation, 400 hours community service, and has to register as a sex offender.

Is he gonna turn up as a MS football coach somewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp