App for walkup songs?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2022
At HS level, most teams have announcers for games, but they do the announcing for both teams, music between innings, and very few do walkup songs.

For travel ball, I've only seen a couple teams do this and they only do it for their team.

Personally, for travel ball, I am not a fan of it. Especially if only one team is doing it. A, there are other games going on and it can be disruptive to them. Second, it feels like the parents are trying to prop up their kids to more than they are; if you're 12U-C, a walkup song isn't going to make you a better hitter and more recruitable.

As an umpire, I'm not going to complain unless the music is still playing when the I get into position to call the pitch. But the first time it delays the game, I ask they stop it for the rest of the game.

Jul 2, 2013
We use Ballpark DJ for high school. The girls love it and it can be a lot of fun depending on the song they pick.

I announce the high school games and announce batters and things like courtesy runners and pitcher changes for both teams. Music between innings but walk up music only for our team. If I'm announcing a tournament or playoff game then I don't play walkup music.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Here in Florida walk up songs are used for all ages still.
Which becomes super irritating considering that many teams in the 16U and 18U age groups are livestreaming their games for college coaches to watch and every time a song is played, the feed pauses so that Google, Facebook, etc. don't get sued for copyright infringement. Many college coaches tune out once this starts happening. Players need to learn to play for themselves and their teams; not for a meaningless song.

May 10, 2019
Which becomes super irritating considering that many teams in the 16U and 18U age groups are livestreaming their games for college coaches to watch and every time a song is played, the feed pauses so that Google, Facebook, etc. don't get sued for copyright infringement. Many college coaches tune out once this starts happening. Players need to learn to play for themselves and their teams; not for a meaningless song.
College players literally have walk up music. If a college coach gets mad over walk up music I don't think I want my daughter playing for that coach. Let the kids have some damn fun.

Jun 8, 2016
College players literally have walk up music. If a college coach gets mad over walk up music I don't think I want my daughter playing for that coach. Let the kids have some damn fun.
I don’t care one way or the other but if you watch the top teams in 16’s and 18’s in PGF, Alliance, Sparkler,etc you rarely, if ever, hear walk up songs 🤷🏽‍♂️

May 10, 2019
I don’t care one way or the other but if you watch the top teams in 16’s and 18’s in PGF, Alliance, Sparkler,etc you rarely, if ever, hear walk up songs 🤷🏽‍♂️
A speaker would be the first thing I'd leave at home if I went to one of those big tournaments. My original comment was from my experience here in Florida tournaments I've been to that have girls 8u to 18u and I've heard walk up music for all different ages. Now, my daughter players 10u so obviously I haven't been to any tournaments that you've mentioned.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles