Anyone have any intel on the new Rawlings Mantra?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Honestly looks a bit gimmicky having that blast motion in the bat. But perhaps my bias is showing as we bought a blast motion and stopped using it almost immediately as the data wasn't all the understandable or helpful to us.

And it's really, really monochromatic. Yikes. Me and my blue bat.

1611946751852.png

1611946685054.png

Feb 1, 2021
Honestly looks a bit gimmicky having that blast motion in the bat. But perhaps my bias is showing as we bought a blast motion and stopped using it almost immediately as the data wasn't all the understandable or helpful to us.

I feel the same with the Blast sensor. I have even tried giving it away, but no takers. I do think however the blast in the bat is going to be the norm real soon.

That said, I am very interested in this bat. We use Rawlings bats for all the hard cage miles, and Eastons for games only. The blast is approved for game play but the sensor is just too vulnerable with the stock attachment. My DD has turned into a bit of a 'cage queen'. Monster in the cage, but as of late, she can't replicate it at the plate. I really need data of whats happening when she get up to the plate.

Apr 9, 2020
I agree with the blast or some sort of sensor in the bat being used during gameplay at most higher levels will be game changer with more data to review and see strengths and weaknesses. agree with trying to figure out why some of the basic metrics down translate from cage to game without stating the obvious.. more the bat path , time to contact and plane and connected scores should be similar during both arenas.. outcome different story.. curious if other bats and companies will have same insert ability

Nov 25, 2012
USA
I would guess OU thinks the bat is just fine.
So do several other schools! Oh, and OU set an NCAA homerun record yesterday......

I know nothing about this bat but there are several schools that will be using it this year it appears. Seeing posts on Twitter with it.

We shall see....

Mar 28, 2014
Do we know for sure that OU used the Mantra for all of those home runs? I saw some video and didn't see a Blue bat.

Also little known fact, El Paso is at 4,000 ft elevation so the air is thin and the ball flies.

May 11, 2014
Quite a few were with the mantra and I saw alot of what looked like the quatro (white bat) but the video wasnt the best. Not sure I saw any with the quatro pro either.

Feb 15, 2017
Someone should ask Coresoftball if he's been sent any to demo....

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06