Another question I should get RAD to ask for me!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm breaking in a Wilson A2000 for a freshman college player, this is a school issued / sponsored glove. Talking to this girl, who's an outfielder, I asked her if she's ever considered wearing her glove Two-in-the-pinky (TIP), and I explained some of it's advantages. And I got an absolute no! It just feels weird!

So here's RAD's question ;), what percentage of you Dad's here and your DD's wear your gloves traditional vs. TIP? Just curious.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm? This seems more like a disguised @ANNASDAD glove question 🤔:giggle:

2n2 last two finger slots in glove.
Gets fingers away from where the ball fits in pocket.
Saves hand big time!
*caught with a fielders glove even with pitcher who threw 71/72 mph from 40 feet.

20210120_092646.jpg

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I wear mine TIP, index finger out. Finger shift and pad are already positioned this way for my glove. I love it.

DD does NOT like TIP the last couple times I’ve asked her to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hmmm? This seems more like a disguised @ANNASDAD glove question 🤔:giggle:

2n2 last two finger slots in glove.
Gets fingers away from where the ball fits in pocket.
Saves hand big time!
*caught with a fielders glove even with pitcher who threw 71/72 mph from 40 feet.

View attachment 20727
See, you of ALL people have the most logical reason for the finger shift.....to avoid lots of pain!!

My DD may of hit 63 from 43’ three or four times in her life but she could absolutely spin it! At that speed & distance, and with a mitt on she still managed to hurt me plenty of times on rise balls and curves that weren’t squared up! I couldn’t imagine an hour long pitching lesson with a fielders glove, nope!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I do index finger out, but the rest traditional
That's me exactly! I do have two different gloves that I purposely broke in TIP, and I kinda like it....it does have it's advantages. But traditional with index out is what I've done my entire life.

If I had a younger daughter who was an outfielder, I'd teach her TIP with her index finger inside!

Oct 26, 2019
DD wears her Rawlings LA TIP and her Bradley regular. Index finger out on both gloves. She started wearing the Rawlings that way because it helped her close it better. Now that the middle finger is so mashed down from wearing it index out I don’t think she can wear it regular anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619