2022 Demarini bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2019
From this article it looks like there’s no Prism coming. I’d be surprised that there wouldn’t be so maybe there’s just no info on it?36A8E1BD-DE07-4477-A886-A067C4B32B27.jpeg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have no idea if they are or arent making it...but...if they didnt I wouldnt be surprised.

How many models you want them to make until their sales just start eating the
sales of their other models. I think this is the same reason the Xeno is being phased out. I said
a while ago I wouldnt be surprised if the Xeno went away at some point. Two top bats are
all you need in a fp lineup before you start hurting your own sales. Heck, even 2 top tier
bats hurt sales of the one below it. The Demarini lineup did very well with just their CF
models. I mean heck, you had the drop11, drop10 and endload. And production costs were kept
to a minimum because of the same bat platform.

Dec 15, 2019
Core thank you for the insight. I figured the Prism was probably one of the better selling bats so they’d keep it going.

Sep 7, 2020
I have no idea if they are or arent making it...but...if they didnt I wouldnt be surprised.

sales of their other models. I think this is the same reason the Xeno is being phased out. I said
a while ago I wouldnt be surprised if the Xeno went away at some point. Two top bats are
all you need in a fp lineup before you start hurting your own sales. Heck, even 2 top tier
bats hurt sales of the one below it. The Demarini lineup did very well with just their CF
models. I mean heck, you had the drop11, drop10 and endload. And production costs were kept
Xeno is being phased out? What about RXT?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Xeno is being phased out? What about RXT?
Yeah, not being offered in stores anymore like Lance said. Think sales arent that great on the Xeno for them to mass produce for all stores, and this way they can keep all profit in house for the smaller supply they do produce. Max profit for a product you are making less quantities
of. Also, prob now they can really get a gauge on if they want to get rid of it completely or if its worth doing the "sale thru manufacturer only" is
a good option.

Oct 4, 2018

It's interesting how it all works, and you certainly have a better insight into it than we do.

With laundry detergent, pretty much the same few companies make all the brands. Proctor & Gamble make Tide, Cheer, Bold, Gain, Era, etc. There's not much difference, they just want to get a ton of different ones out there to capture more market share. With higher priced items, this strategy doesn't work as well. But I'm curious to know what data is behind it on the bat side.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It's interesting how it all works, and you certainly have a better insight into it than we do.

With laundry detergent, pretty much the same few companies make all the brands. Proctor & Gamble make Tide, Cheer, Bold, Gain, Era, etc. There's not much difference, they just want to get a ton of different ones out there to capture more market share. With higher priced items, this strategy doesn't work as well. But I'm curious to know what data is behind it on the bat side.
If you spend hundreds of thousands on each bat to manufacture and research, and
you are only really splitting your own customers up and maybe a few other add on customers, is it really worth R&Ding and manufactruing a whole new
bat to split your own customers up...over just having one top bat and getting rid of one whole R&D and production. Most of your customers
bought while you had the one lineup anyway. Thats why having 2 top bats I think is max you need...you start having 3 and 4 like Demarini did a few years ago, the cost/profit isnt there. Your own bats are feeding off your other bats...not worth it. Now if you made a whole new bat and most
of those buying that bat were NEW customers from another brand...then its worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad