2018 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
Here's a Easton Ghost (-10) 33" fastpitch bat >>> Lots of customer reviews

Ha ha thanks for the early morning comical read. Was like the Sunday newspaper comics yet on a Thursday. Good stuff.
Couple of my favorites were "bat looks super intimidating with paint scheme"
Really lol you dont get out much do you.
Or
"The barrel is so short it makes it hot as fire but no way you can hit an inside pitchoff that barrel " that one had me in stitches.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What a shock...4 posts and 3 links to his site. An one was deleted. What a great forum help. Even better is when you ask him for advice on
bats...he knows just as much as a lot of those reviews...hahaha

He just has this forum on his "list" to hit up every day with a link

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Follow up review... DD's batting average has gone up, seeing more line drives and mishit balls are finding holes on the green. Extra base hits have gone down. She's not getting as much distance as other older bats she has been using. Maybe it's just my DD, not sure. But one would figure if able to hit 200 feet at 11 years old, she should be able to at 13. I don't think her swing as changed that much and kids are throwing harder

Another girl on her team asked if she could use it last night.. this girl has been having a horrible time at the plate this year. 1st at bat, bam almost took the pitchers head off, 2nd at bat line drive up the middle for another base hit. She loves it, buying one for the tournament this weekend. My DD loves it as well, I'm not completely sold yet. One thing I am sure about, sweet spot is massive.

May 12, 2016
Ok, might be the other way...maybe too big and losing bat speed to drive the ball but still able to drop the barrel on the ball for liners?

Could be.. but she has no prob turning on that inside pitch. I don't think she's losing much bat speed. Another poster mentioned in another thread that maybe she is taking a downward path to the ball, that would cause a lot of backspin and glancing blows. Maybe she isn't squaring the ball up like I thought she was...

May 12, 2016
Cant blame that part on the bat if that's the case

I hear ya.. the swing is extremely technical. I could off just a little and you will see different results. Why would everybody be raving about how hot a bat is and I am seeing something different. It could be the Indian in this case. Even the customers who are complaining about the bat breaking are also saying it's the hottest bat they ever had in their hands. Why should it be any different for my DD.. unless we have a dud or something.. or more likely she is doing something a little different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying