11 Yr Old DD - Latest BP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I may do that...he sent me a note to see how we were doing with it all. Both kids schedule's are pretty heavy right now with school ball; but I will hopefully look him up soon. Thanks.

You don't have any old clips show the proper release of bb/a$4 do you?

Ray has plenty when you get together...

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
RUZa7j.gif

I would say to simple stop sitting down so low on her rear side. Takes a lot of muscle and time to get up from that.

Open stance hitters...Longoria, MCCUtchen...basically sit on their femur. When I get that set up, my rear knee is basically just softened. Feel like I am sitting on my femur like a little stool.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I would say to simple stop sitting down so low on her rear side. Takes a lot of muscle and time to get up from that.

Open stance hitters...Longoria, MCCUtchen...basically sit on their femur. When I get that set up, my rear knee is basically just softened. Feel like I am sitting on my femur like a little stool.

Cutch:
amcsetup_zps64599637.gif

Longo:
Longoria_061213_combo.gif

DD
RUZa7j.gif

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Plenty of good advice here so far. She is just making it hard on herself with that preload position and all that weight back there. It may make it difficult with kids with change of speed or high level heat. When do you start that swing with all that weight back there if someone can bring it 52-55 in the 12u age group.

That said she looks good, strong, athletic and most importantly looks and sounds like she is enjoying it. That's the best part.