- Older Activity
- Yesterday, 10:00 AMKarma will bite me for this, but my DD has never broken a bat. It doesn't matter what the temp is she uses her composite bat. Back when she was one...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- Yesterday, 09:51 AMOne of DD teams when she was younger used a pitching machine for fly balls. They would use cones as starting points and it simulated running...113 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-19-2019, 11:03 AMThis is something I struggle with as well. If I'm a HS coach, I know my players before they walk in the door. I want to know what travel team they...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-13-2019, 12:50 PMCan't help but wonder if this is a troll post.18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-12-2019, 12:54 PMAnd my wife thinks I am crazy for buying a new bat every year.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 12:34 PMThis guy is alright. He's very positive and roots for everyone. There is another LSU fan that cheers at the other team. He yells at the opposing...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-11-2019, 12:31 PMIt doesn't make much sense to me if they are in the same double elimination bracket. I'm kind of surprised this TD did it more than once. I was a TD...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-06-2019, 09:49 AMIn Indiana, at least in my area there are 2 kinds of A teams. There is the A team that plays 90% in state tournaments against other teams like...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-04-2019, 10:21 AMspleen1015 replied to a thread Is the female multi-sport HS athlete a thing of the past? in Softball DiscussionsMaybe I am missing the point, but if a kid decides to play at a school where they have the major she wants, but she can't pursue it because she's...112 replies | 0 view(s)
- 03-02-2019, 03:41 PMWho cares really? I don't think folks are any more soft because they don't want to use the word. DD's HS softball team started calling them gasers...43 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-28-2019, 11:30 AMIndiana even has rules around lessons. You can't take lessons at the same time with anyone from another school.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-28-2019, 11:22 AMspleen1015 replied to a thread Is the female multi-sport HS athlete a thing of the past? in Softball DiscussionsI think this is sort of getting overblown a bit. Not by the folks in this thread, but in general. On DD's softball team, there are quite a few...112 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-28-2019, 11:12 AMI really can't see how a player that wants to take travel seriously would even consider playing rec. You have travel practice and games. You have rec...36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-28-2019, 09:13 AMThe program that DD was in for rec and her first 3 years of travel had a rule that the travel players weren't allowed to play rec. It would have...36 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-27-2019, 03:46 PMYou say this like wearing identical uniforms, working 4 or more drill stations is unusual. As for the yelling in perfect cadence and that...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2019, 11:34 AMI wouldn't want my DD to have practices with her travel team during HS season if it were allowed. You're already practicing or playing 5 or more days...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-26-2019, 11:32 AMYeah that rule makes it tough for girls who play travel within a community based program. The HS age travel teams have to find girls who live in the...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-25-2019, 10:23 PMIn Indiana you can't practice with your travel team during HS season.20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-25-2019, 06:26 PMspleen1015 replied to a thread Who decides what your team uniform will loook like? in Softball DiscussionsFirst travel program DD was a member of was based out of a rec league that was basically controlled by the city. The city had their hands in...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-22-2019, 08:44 AMSeems like the perfect recipe for disaster.15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-22-2019, 08:43 AMHow long before ESPN shells out the money to get this on real tv? Other than the tournament, this is probably the big college event of the year,...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-20-2019, 10:57 AMTake a look at the post I quoted. I was talking to the dude who told you your daughter should switch to chess. I don't think you're trolling at all.80 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-20-2019, 08:08 AMI'd be cool with your DD switching to chess and you go troll the discusschess.com forum instead of here.80 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-20-2019, 08:05 AMspleen1015 replied to a thread Dad "promoted" to assistant and all hell breaks loose (LONG) in Softball DiscussionsFirst, I wouldn't listen to J. Galt. Second, you obviously need to have a conversation with the coach and see how it goes.35 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-19-2019, 08:28 PMIt's her journey. :D29 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-19-2019, 01:02 PMI don't really think you did anything wrong, but I can see how some parents would especially at 12u. I think you do bring up a good point, too. If...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-19-2019, 09:40 AMI think you have to develop all of the players equally. On DD's first year 16u team, there are some players that always play infield and some that...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 02-19-2019, 09:31 AMhttps://heavy.com/news/2019/02/softball-coach-attacks-grandmother-cypress-texas/22 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 260 Times in 158 Posts
- Last Activity
- Yesterday 12:14 PM
- Join Date
- 12:31 PM - MNDad quoted spleen1015 in post Is the female multi-sport HS athlete a thing of the past?Maybe I am missing the point, b...
- 11:05 AM - uncdrew quoted spleen1015 in post Practice reps for your starters and backupsI don't really think you did an...
- 11:00 AM - GoGamecocks quoted spleen1015 in post Another Coach Accused Of Improper Conduct.Take a look at the post I quote...
- 10:57 AM - spleen1015 quoted GoGamecocks in post Another Coach Accused Of Improper Conduct.The one thing that seems apparen...
- 10:30 AM - GoGamecocks quoted spleen1015 in post Another Coach Accused Of Improper Conduct.You can say I didn't have a thi...
- 09:23 AM - 625ender quoted spleen1015 in post Another Coach Accused Of Improper Conduct.I'd be cool with your DD switch...