- Older Activity
- Today, 01:04 PMEnd of fall season for us too! We ended in Montgomery, Alabama at the T-bolts Showcase. Definitely not our best showing. Our usually stellar...1 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-15-2017, 04:51 PMgamommax3 replied to a thread 10 signs that you should find another team... in Being a Softball Parent11. If your DD is the best OR worst player on the team, find a new team. Generally speaking, they will not be able to grow here. Try to find a team...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 01:51 PMAbsolutely! We have two catchers that are awesome at getting calls. I certainly am not taking anything away from the great catchers out there...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 12:47 PMMy gosh, that is ridiculous. Coach should press charges.9 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 12:44 PMThe mental game is the difference between a good team and a GREAT team. Believing they are the best on the field, believing in their abilities each...8 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-14-2017, 12:34 PMConsistency is key, always. Give me a consistent zone any day. But the OP says that the umpire TOLD him he wouldn't call strikes because of where...22 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-13-2017, 11:58 AMHow did it go? We were off this weekend, didn't have enough girls available this weekend to be in this showcase. :( Our sister teams were there...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-09-2017, 04:36 PMWe just moved up to 14u this fall, and have played a straight A schedule for two years. We carried 12 the last few years, but we are also pretty...34 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-09-2017, 11:47 AMI explained it poorly. Thank you for the clarification!27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-09-2017, 10:43 AMSame. I keep score, and you have to wait until the batter is on base to bring it up (but before the first pitch is thrown to the new batter!). Then...27 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 10:46 AMgamommax3 replied to a thread Contacting coaches after showcases help please in Softball DiscussionsThanks for the offer JAD, sending a DM with my email as well. We are just starting to send emails to coaches and the postcards are a great idea! I...13 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-08-2017, 10:43 AMgamommax3 replied to a thread How do you survive winter in the cold weather states? in Softball DiscussionsWe are taking a break from the week of Thanksgiving until New Year's week. We resume the Sunday after New Year's this year, and will have six hours...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-07-2017, 05:18 PMHow many times per week are they practicing 1.5 and 1 hour away? Do either of you coach also? Do you have other children that are sacrificing their...17 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-07-2017, 05:04 PMI do not recommend USFA in PCB. It is not even USFA anymore. The kids may have had fun, but they certainly weren't as interested in resting and...18 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-06-2017, 01:03 PMgamommax3 replied to a thread How do you survive winter in the cold weather states? in Softball DiscussionsThat sounds like so much fun! We don't do any of that in Georgia. Of course, it rarely snows here either. I need to look into doing something like...25 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-06-2017, 01:01 PMDD had a great weekend at the plate at our showcase, and she had some really phenomenal plays at SS for outs. Hoping coaches were watching when they...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-06-2017, 12:42 PMChampions showcase this weekend for us as well. We were at Twin Creeks for one game Saturday (second game rained out) and at Patriot's Park on...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 11-03-2017, 11:14 AMAfter reading all of the allegations in the letters by these players and former players, it seems unlikely that so many would have nearly identical...114 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2017, 04:31 PMDefinitely do your research. An organization that has been around a while is going to have most of the kinks worked out, but they may also be very...33 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2017, 01:04 PMOne of the worst experiences we have had at a tournament, and this is our fifth year playing travel ball. Showcase and Qualifier over the weekend,...2 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-31-2017, 10:32 AMPlayed our first game Saturday at 9:40 pm due to rain all day in the area, and at a different field due to field conditions. Won, so we played again...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-27-2017, 11:16 AMgamommax3 replied to a thread 8Y0 using composite bat in lowish temps in Softball Equipment & Product ReviewsShould be fine, I would think. We had a girl break one last year (second year 12u last year) at a tournament where it was about 38 in the morning...7 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-26-2017, 12:40 PMIf it was rec ball, or a training day, I completely understand switching umps. Also understand them switching ONCE if they ump was sick, overheated,...15 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-26-2017, 12:34 PMMy bad, I did assume that he was across the field. I must have misread it because that was the scene I was seeing in my head while reading it. If...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-25-2017, 02:34 PM14u TB parent here. If you swing at a pitch that is dropped, you run down to first. Period. If the catcher goes to throw the ball, all runners...16 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-25-2017, 11:30 AMI have to agree with the other posters, never be alone with anyone in this family and either you or she should go. If you are looking forward to...20 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-25-2017, 11:06 AMgamommax3 replied to a thread Deliberate swing and miss on a wild pitch for strike 3 in Softball Rules QuestionsI am interested to hear what an umpire has to say about this. I have often thought about this, when one of our girls is struggling at the plate and...12 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-24-2017, 04:46 PMgamommax3 replied to a thread Official 2017 World Series Thread-Sponsored by high ticket prices in Softball DiscussionsUsually a Braves fan, but...you guys have certainly seen them play the last few years. So yeah. I have always loved the Cubs also and was bummed...48 replies | 0 view(s)
- 10-24-2017, 04:38 PMMy husband got a personalized Fungo a couple of years ago that he loves. He has also received pictures with signed mats, or pictures on a plaque. I...4 replies | 0 view(s)
More Activity No More Results No Recent Activity
Coach's wife and #7's mom
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Total Thanks
- Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
- Last Activity
- Today 04:46 PM
- Join Date
No results to display...
- 01:51 PM - gamommax3 quoted Eric F in post Umpire would NOT call strikesMy DD loves catching in fro...
- 12:49 PM - Eric F quoted gamommax3 in post Umpire would NOT call strikesConsistency is key, always. G...
- 12:34 PM - gamommax3 quoted marriard in post Umpire would NOT call strikesMost people would probably be...
- 04:43 PM - grcsftbll quoted gamommax3 in post 12U roster sizeWe just moved up to 14u this f...
- 11:47 AM - gamommax3 quoted Comp in post Lineup/cheating?When batting out of order...
- 10:48 AM - Comp quoted gamommax3 in post Lineup/cheating?Same. I keep score, and you h...
- 10:43 AM - gamommax3 quoted grcsftbll in post Lineup/cheating?I keep score on our team and i...
- 01:03 PM - gamommax3 quoted Softball scholar in post How do you survive winter in the cold weather states?I bet you guys in the south haven't p...