You know you have a problem when...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
I can't trust used equipment.

While unpacking the car at the hotel this last weekend, DD says she's leaving her softball bag in the car. Uh, no you're not. Why not? Because there's $1000 in that bag and that's the one thing in the car you absolutely need this weekend. Taking no chances of it being stolen.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
you have no problem dropping $100 on a pair of cleats, $300 on a new bat, $200 on new glove, $150-200/month on team dues, ungodly amount on travel...and then balk when DD wants a pair of $100 regular tennis shoes or needs that $80 new blouse, etc etc etc.

My DD has three $300 bats, and I am still playing with a set of golf clubs I received in 1980.....

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A crime against humanity. Though I can't recall the last time I played golf.

I justify it by the fact that my DD plays or practices softball just about every weekend 10 months of the year, while I only play @ 6 rounds of golf a year. Plus when I shoot 100+ I use my old clubs as an excuse....

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
My DD has three $300 bats, and I am still playing with a set of golf clubs I received in 1980.....

I had a set of golf clubs that I bought on clearance at Walmart for $50. Played with them for about 10 years. Just last week bought a brand new set of clubs on clearance/end of year special. New set of Callaway irons, 4 wood,3 wood, and driver for $225. Rock Bottom Golf is the website. Still cheaper than DD's bat I paid for about a month ago lol.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
I justify it by the fact that my DD plays or practices softball just about every weekend 10 months of the year, while I only play @ 6 rounds of golf a year. Plus when I shoot 100+ I use my old clubs as an excuse....

My clubs have at least made out of the garage. They used to be a sawdust catcher when I did projects in the "off" season.

Feb 15, 2016
My softball motto: NEVER PAY RETAIL!

Absolutely. I have never bought a bat or glove for full price. The last three bats I bought were all $300 new and I got one for $75 and the other two for $100 a pop. All with just one HS season of use on them.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
I never really thought about how much is in the car at one time. it easily approaches $1000 when we are going to a tourney.

I think DD#1 who is starting to understand the cost. I ordered DD#2 (5yo) a bat for her first year this season. When DD#1 pulled it out of the box to look at it and saw CF8 on the barrel her jaw dropped. She thought all of them were as much as hers and didn't realize they have a tee ball bat for about $35. I may be a crazy softball parent but not a $300 6U crazy parent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1