Xeno Break-In Period?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Unlike most composites, the Xeno requires no break in to achieve optimum performance. That's the technological advantage of using internal disks (aka governors) to limit peak performance. Umpires are very quick to toss them from a game if they hear any sort of rattle, which could indicate that the disk mechanism is broken and the bat hotter than allowable standards.

Mar 1, 2012
DD's first Xeno (to go with the RT and D insane) lasted one week before the rattle came.......on it's way back to LS........very disappointing!

Edited for return update: Bat was shipped on Thursday to LS via UPS, received replacement the following Wed via UPS. I must say I'm impressed with the service and speed!!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I have a warranty Xeno inbound right now, they do a good job of turning them around.

DD thinks they need some swings to get really good. Couple rounds of tee work with decent balls, (not mushy ones), does the trick for her. Her wonderful dad got her a -9 to replace her 33/23 and she was lukewarm on it. Tonight in a shortened game she hit an absolute screamer above short, short stuck her hand up and it about took her glove off. It was LOUD when it came off the bat, and you could tell it really came off the bat. She hits the ball pretty hard and another girl hit otf with a -10 Xeno but the -9 sounded different. I told her tonight that I was predicting the -9 is going to end up being her favorite.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Core or any others I would like to hear your thoughts on a comment I read on another forum saying the -9 Xeno has bigger sweet spot.

Maybe heavier bat flexes sidewall better? is what I'm thinking. I don't think she gave up any bat speed, not sure about adjustability to movement pitches, can't really know that without lots of game swings.

Jan 17, 2014
Middle America
12u DD has been hitting with her 2014 since late October. Probably 200-300 balls per week. I think its gotten better every week. I even let her hit cage balls with it all winter ( I can just hear the gasps lol) best advice i can give is to not let other rec kids use it and beat the plate or hit the fence posts. We have heavily used it for normal batting, hitting lessons, infield practice, outfield practice, etc. With no issues. Great bat IMHO.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
IF you have the time, it would make sense to have her hit with it for familiarity, but I wouldn't think twice about unwrapping one in the dugout at game time.
A Xeno is like an Alfa Romeo: "Everything a bat should be....briefly"

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Rather than start a thread, just figured I'd revive an old one. DD got a new Xeno. Hits very well out of the wrapper, but will say that her 2014 xeno still appears to have more pop based on today's session of front toss. This is the second time we've experienced an older xeno that seems to have gotten better w/ age, about the time we're ready to put it to pasture. No complaints w/ the new xeno. It out-performs her most recent bat (different brand). It's said the xeno's are hot out of the wrapper, which might be true, but our experience is that a couple have gotten better w/ time.

Is this our imagination? Some say it's a myth w/ xeno's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach