Would like input on DD's swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
What do you mean by corner? Not following ya. When she gets nervous against good pitching her arms take over even more. Do you think the walk-through drill is a good idea? We've done that one before and it seems to get her to really plant the front foot and use her core more than her arms.

Study and copy this Walk up drill:
mini4.gif

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Study and copy this Walk up drill:
mini4.gif

Oh, that's the drill we've done before! I called it "Walk through drill" by mistake. When she did that drill a few weeks ago she seemed to have power she's never had before. Would you say it's a good idea to run that drill every day? How many balls/day?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
If a dad wants to be their DD/DS hitting 'coach' then you need to put in alot of time. If the Dad is going to take your DD/DS to a hitting coach the dad still needs to put in the time. Educate yourself (the plural you) about hitting. The best that can happen is your DD will be a better hitter. The worst is you will have spent more father daughter time. Good Luck.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Oh, that's the drill we've done before! I called it "Walk through drill" by mistake. When she did that drill a few weeks ago she seemed to have power she's never had before. Would you say it's a good idea to run that drill every day? How many balls/day?
RyanHappyGilmore.gif

Posted by TM on HI (sharing because this is important)
I would bet all I own....that your daughter did not do exactly what this kid is doing. The walkup part is obvious. But HOW he's walking up....how his REAR LEG pivots while the REAR HIP RESISTS....how he turns the barrel with his FOREARMS....are completely different than what 99.99% do when doing this drill for the first time. And those details make all the difference.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67