Wobble/clicking Easton stealth

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
Couple of questions for members,

1. What's your opinion when your dd's bat is doing this? (title)

2. By rules, you cannot use bat when it does this. Knowing this do your let your dd still use in tournaments?
( it took my dd about 800 cuts to get the bat broken in )

3. It's up to the umpires to inspect bats and deem which are legal for play, what would you do if a spouse of the hc pulls it from the bat rack and sets it behind the bench all by itself near no other equipment. Spouse has no official role/title on team. Way field is set up people can walk by no fence separation.

Bat is question scn4b 31/21

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
1. Time for a new bat. DD had a friend who's bat made a rattling noise in the joint. Bat was confiscated at Pony Nats and not returned until the tourney was over. Her friend was bothered by not having her bat.

2. No I wouldn't. If it separated and someone got hurt you could be on the hook for some serious cache as you were aware of the issue. I might let her use it in the cage if I wasn't over concerned about it separating.

3. Maybe she was doing you a favor. Don't know the team dynamics to comment beyond.

Knowing something is wrong and justifying it because it's someone else's responsibility to catch it doesn't make it right or OK especially if it concerns safety.

Off my high horse now.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The bat isn't legal for use. Did the spouse take the bat so that it could be used or so that it couldn't?

The reason the bat becomes illegal is that it might have balls coming off of it faster than allowable. Is the bat returnable? I think I would do that.

Dec 29, 2010
Not returnable, had for a couple of years, bought off eBay. I think Easton's policy you need a receipt and within 400 days of purchase original owner.

Been at nats, know the procedure. Has anyone ever heard of these 2 piece bats breaking off while swinging in a game? I mean completely coming off at the connection where the wobble is.

Thanks for the replies Amy and InsidePitch.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Demarini Vendettas have been known to separate the handle from the barrel much in the same way a wood bad breaks in two, sending the barrel out onto the field of play where it becomes a danger. I did see a two piece bat become wobbly at the joint last weekend. I believe it was a CF4 or 5. The girls father removed it from the dugout and she borrowed a bat.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Has anyone ever heard of these 2 piece bats breaking off while swinging in a game? I mean completely coming off at the connection where the wobble is.

I have seen the old Demarini Vendettas break in games at the connection point. It can be very scary for everyone involved. It's not worth the risk.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Not returnable, had for a couple of years, bought off eBay. I think Easton's policy you need a receipt and within 400 days of purchase original owner.

Been at nats, know the procedure. Has anyone ever heard of these 2 piece bats breaking off while swinging in a game? I mean completely coming off at the connection where the wobble is.

Thanks for the replies Amy and InsidePitch.

Yes, stealths have a rep of breaking. Well all 2 piece bats have some kind of rep for breaking. Breaking yes, half the bat goes flying across the field, I haven't heard of that.

Dec 29, 2010
Have seen the vendettas break in a cage, never liked that model from demarini. The only real way to know if a bat is too hot, broken-in beyond association specs is a compression tester.

Just saying all my years playing ball and watchng dd play I have never seen or heard an easton product break while swinging and the barrel flying thru the infield. The vendetta is the composite handle with alloy barrel? Not bashing demarini or fluffing the easton brand.

Oct 10, 2011
Yes, stealths have a rep of breaking. Well all 2 piece bats have some kind of rep for breaking. Breaking yes, half the bat goes flying across the field, I haven't heard of that.

Talked to an Easton rep and he said this issue was the number one thing they tried to fix with the new line up coming out.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I wouldn't use the bat "isf rules clarification: a bat that is not free of rattles shall be considered an illegal bat." NCAA : "......they are a sign of near failure or tampering."

Why is a spouse touching anything of yours? I assume it is common knowledge that the bat rattles? If in a national tourney or ncaa, no matter what her intentions, it would appear to most that she is hiding the bat to avoid inspection. If a spouse pulled my dd's bat out of the bag with no explanation, I think dw (or dd) would give her a rattle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877