Wilson Promotion Gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2014
Can you fill us in, because I have no clue who Wilson purchased. My daughter has the gear and likes it. Is it changing? Going away?

Mar 20, 2015
NW Az
Bingo! Sounds like they are doing away with some of the Wilson Fastpitch items and upping their game with L/S gear. Lot's new exciting stuff coming down the road with L/S gear & Wilson Gloves! I sure will miss the Promotion gear though, good stuff!!!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
One of the new catchers on my DD's team showed up to practice last night with a set of brand-new LS gear. I really liked how the navy/red color scheme looked with our team uniforms...that's about it. I didn't see anything that I liked as much as Wilson ProMo gear. The chest protector doesn't fit the body as well, and the straps were not nearly as durable. The legs were not on par with either Wilson ProMo or All-Star Vela. I was equally unimpressed with the helmet. Is the LS gear usable? Yes, but I would never recommend it, based on what I have seen.

If the plan is to discontinue the Wilson gear, and LS will be the only source for that family of companies, I will be bummed...unless there is new LS gear coming that incorporates some of Wilson's ProMo design concepts (or improvements).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole