Why go lefty?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
Is this a joke or am I woefully ignorant in having never heard of a left handed bat?

You tell what handed bat you have when you hold it up like your going to hit. If the writing on the bat looks backwards then you have the wrong handed bat. The problem with using the wrong handed bat is that the ball when you hit it will want to spin foul big time to the opposite field. Several coaches at first think the batter is late on her swings, only to look at the bat and see that they are using the wrong handed bat.

Nov 18, 2013
You tell what handed bat you have when you hold it up like your going to hit. If the writing on the bat looks backwards then you have the wrong handed bat. The problem with using the wrong handed bat is that the ball when you hit it will want to spin foul big time to the opposite field. Several coaches at first think the batter is late on her swings, only to look at the bat and see that they are using the wrong handed bat.

That almost sounds believable!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
nanotech14,
All these years on this sight searching for answers of why my DD can't hit and too find out she has the wrong bat. My DD is a RH batter. I checked her bat and sure enough...
If the writing on the bat looks backwards then you have the wrong handed bat.
I had Coresoftball 'this day express' a new RH bat out to us. Bat came today and out to the field we went. First swing over the fence HR.
Thanks for the 'secret' nobody has ever told me about.:p

Aug 30, 2015
Is this a joke or am I woefully ignorant in having never heard of a left handed bat?

They're bought at the same store as the left-handed clipboards. I write left-handed so I have all the lefty resources at my disposal.

Sep 11, 2015
Thanks so far. We're playing 14u TB.

DD's aspirations? To eat pizza and play! She's not a live, eat, and breathe softball player. She won't make it to college on grades and if she wants to go, it'll need to be on some sort of softball something.

She's not a power hitter. Hard line drives and grounders.

I keep coming back too WHY go lefty...why my kid and not some other right handed batter.

She can get to college with or without softball. She may not get into a 4-year but she can go to a 2-year. Softball is not the only solution to get to college.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06