Where to Start?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I always start with throwing. Step out to bent knee, separate hand back and throw, watch the weight shift.
Hitting has allot of the same mechanics as throwing.
You stretch out to throw, stretch out to hit.

You could take the bat out of my daughters hands below and put a softball in her back hand. Right??

Straightleg

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Stever,
Read some of my post did the same with my DD when she was 12(last year).She couldn't hit a pitched beachball.So we used this "Deltoid drill" for a quick fix.This is just a drill. I had her bat this way in games.From my limited experience/knowledge learn the proper sequence.Now is the time for this during the off season.Read older posts of dads posting video on their DD you will see and learn along the way. You will see how the girls swings looked at the start, the recommendations posted on improving their swings and how they looked at the end.I think this is the way you can learn alot I know I have.I say this all the time there is alot of great info on this site it's like having your on private hitting coaches and its free.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
When she makes her preswing turns have her keep her left elbow up and in plane, from what I can tell she keeps it in plane on the swing. In order to lengthen her swing have her lift the bat up and off the shoulder and back an inch or two then go through the same routine. Place the bat in the correct position if you have, it's better than telling her where it should be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1