whats the best radar for personal use

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
I hardly ever clock my own kid. The PC clocks her once every few lessons and that's enough. I mostly use mine to clock other pitchers at tournaments, for fun. So yeah, spent all that money just to randomly zap 10U pitchers all over the southeast. And I don't even regret it.

Oct 16, 2014
I hardly ever clock my own kid. The PC clocks her once every few lessons and that's enough. I mostly use mine to clock other pitchers at tournaments, for fun. So yeah, spent all that money just to randomly zap 10U pitchers all over the southeast. And I don't even regret it.

Hahaha I will admit I will probably be doing that as well:p

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

I use mine more often to clock overhead throwing speed for our team than I use it on my DD's pitching. I probably use it more for ball exit velocity for hitters than pitching as well.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
Stalker Sport II is great but I had lots of buyer's remorse. As others have said, buy something reasonably priced and what you really care about is progress anyway.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you can find a RevFire, I would suggest using that to measure your DD's progress because of the added benefit or RPMs. The velocity will not be maximized since it is timed vs. maximum, but as others have mentioned using the same device consistently for measurements will show progress.

Apr 28, 2014
I have both a pocket radar and a Glove Radar... Glove Radar is $125 less and 100% as accurate.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I like the Glove Radar as well, for $60 or whatever I paid it was well worth it. It's somewhat limited, of course, as you have to be the one catching the pitch to get the reading. I've also found it can be inaccurate if it's not held very steady on receiving the ball. So pitches outside the zone tend to read faster/slower than actual. Great for tracking the pitchers on my team, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30