What do y’all see?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
It is virtually impossible to determine much from stills.
I had to use the stills to figure out why she was struggling. Went back to check some video of her when she was smoking it consistently. The side by side comparison made it easier to go hit with DD. I try to leave her alone during school ball if all is well but old patterns will creep in quickly.

Aug 20, 2017
Used to happen to my DD. You get too rotational and the centrifugal force doesn't occur to the degree that is necessary to extend the arms. Have her practice doing the scissors with her feet (back foot moving towards 3rd base dugout.), as Swingbuilder had my daughter do. It will force her to become more linear and extension will follow.

Notice where Alvarez's back foot starts and where it ends up? Swingbuilder called it the scissors. Works wonders for resisting over rotation of the hips and as a result, gives the arms/hands leverage.

View attachment 29609

View attachment 29610
View attachment 29611
View attachment 29612

Thanks! I believe the rear leg scissors mostly on pitches away due to the rear leg not turning as much due to pitch location. Not as much scissoring on pitches inside due to the rear leg turning more. Either way glad it helped your dd

Jul 19, 2021
Thanks! I believe the rear leg scissors mostly on pitches away due to the rear leg not turning as much due to pitch location. Not as much scissoring on pitches inside due to the rear leg turning more. Either way glad it helped your dd
Location of pitch was never a factor with Swingbuilder. Same scissoring regardless.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Would like to know if her head/torso was still moving forward towards pitcher when she launched. IOW, did she start her swing prior to head being still. That can also cause this "tied up" look.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I am throwing her up and in heat and soft and away junk. Looks like she might be coming out of her posture, standing up, losing hip hinge early(not staying over the plate) as an adjustment to hit inside pitch with a long arm bar/ bat drag swing. TBS, superior eye/hand cordination and a lot of practice can overcome most mechanical issues even at high levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes