What are your favorite Softball Cheers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2011
Georgia
So for the next 365 days I am sharing cheers and I would love to have your favorites posted as well.

It is a lot of fun to see how teams cheer the same cheers and also have very different cheers depending on their location in the united states.

You can post your favorites here or go to my site where I am adding them on a daily basis! You can just post your favorites under one of my living dailies posts!

Thanks so much girls and I hope to keep the cheering tradition alive and growing!

~Yo Yo: Living Dailies Softball Publisher

Last edited by a moderator:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
(clap, clap)
WE'RE GREAT!
(clap. clap)
YOU'RE NOT!
(clap, clap)

That is from my grade school softball team. Short, to the point, said what we wanted to say.;)

Mar 13, 2010
There was a little froggy who sat upon a log

He rooted for the other team, he had no sense at all.

He fell into the water, and broke his little head

And when he came back up again, this is what he said

He said, “Go, Go, Go. Go you mighty (team name).

Fight, Fight, Fight. Fight you mighty (team name).

Win, Win, Win. Win you mighty (team name).

Go, Fight, Win! And do it all again!

Go, Fight, Win! Until the very end!”

We did this one slightly differntly over here.

It was "There was a little frog, who sat upon a log, he rooted for the other team he had no sense at all. Fell into a puddle, just about to drown, when he found the TEAM NAME spirit and you couldn't keep him down!'

My team LOVED that one and we did it right up until U16. Everyone thought it was babyish, but we LOVED it and thought they were jealous of our awesome skills.

I can barely remember any of them now. There was one that we loved which had us standing on the benches doing a full on dance move. One of the girls reckoned she made it up, but that rarely happens :)

We had one for our own team-mates who hit a foul 'Hey, hey what'd you say, hit the ball the other way, (repeat) Good connection, wrong direction' and the a little clap at the end. (usually two to the legs, two together, two to the shoulders (MUST cross the arms or you did laps) and the a fist pump to the air shouting OI)

So much fun sitting on the sidelines cheering.

Aug 2, 2011
Georgia
Sweet and simple. I visited your site. If only I were still pitching. I pitched for a couple of years but was just too slow. Now I play first and absolutely love it.

Mar 27, 2010
My daughters team made one up to Beat it by Michael Jackson

Beat it, Beat it the (team name) can't be defeated
have some more base hits, have some more runs
You thought you had this game won
Just Beat it

Apr 22, 2011
Lozza,
My Daughter loves that cheer and she is 10u going up to 12u next yr. That is her and her team's fav.cheer.

Sep 3, 2009
The quiet ones are my favorite. I prefer chatter over cheers.

Amen!

But I gotta admit, that one they always chant when a new pitcher gets put in... "check check, check her out".. that sticks in my head for days afterwards.

Mar 13, 2010
The quiet ones are my favorite. I prefer chatter over cheers.

Pffft, said by a man. Cheers are a BIG part of the fun in softball, especially at the younger ages. Unless you've been involved as a kid doing those cheers you really can't understand it. (and I do think it's a gender thing. I've never seen boys team do cheers)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1