wearing "old team" apparel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I'm sorry you take offense to that, Calling someone stupid is not a horrible thing, I kinda meant it as maybe you just can't connect similarities between seemingly different things very well so it is unfair to expect you to be able to allow someone else to have a differing opinion. I did not mean any offense.

Then again, aren't you the same guy who quoted a comedian about a child molestation joke that you thought was funny? Then deleted it after realizing it wasn't quite decent to put on a board dealing with kids.

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Then again, aren't you the same guy who quoted a comedian about a child molestation joke? Then deleted it after realizing it wasn't quite decent to put on a board dealing with kids.

what is your point? That I am capable of taking someone else's opinion into consideration and then making a change to something I have done? That I have poor taste in humor and don't respect the forum? That I am an awful human being? That you are too feeble minded to come up with something better so you go off topic to try to imply that I made light of child molestation when the joke in no way made light of it, it made fun of parents being too concerned about it?

I'd dilly dally with this a bit longer, but I am done with work for the week so the computer goes away. I suggest you research more of my posts, some are really good fodder for a stalker like you, clip them out, paste them to your wall and think really hard, maybe then you can come up with something coherent that might further your position that it is OK to say that someone has issues when they made the comparison I made. Or maybe you just kind of chill out and recognize that other people think differently than you, in that they actually think, and they can have an innocuous opinion like the one I posted in this thread without you being a jagoff about it.

Mar 3, 2013
I agree 100 % on that. I make it real clear with my new players that u are apart of this family now and we make sure that you feel that way so dont promote your old team at our events....

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
what is your point? That I am capable of taking someone else's opinion into consideration and then making a change to something I have done? That I have poor taste in humor and don't respect the forum? That I am an awful human being? That you are too feeble minded to come up with something better so you go off topic to try to imply that I made light of child molestation when the joke in no way made light of it, it made fun of parents being too concerned about it?

I'd dilly dally with this a bit longer, but I am done with work for the week so the computer goes away. I suggest you research more of my posts, some are really good fodder for a stalker like you, clip them out, paste them to your wall and think really hard, maybe then you can come up with something coherent that might further your position that it is OK to say that someone has issues when they made the comparison I made. Or maybe you just kind of chill out and recognize that other people think differently than you, in that they actually think, and they can have an innocuous opinion like the one I posted in this thread without you being a jagoff about it.

You def think differently no doubt about that. I don't need to stalk, you aren't that important so please don't flatter yourself. I only remembered one post because it was so off color and somebody had to actually point it out to you because you couldn't comprehend why.
All in all, Im kinda tired of internet arguing with you since its pointless. I do wish your daughter all the best though and safe playing.

Jan 25, 2011
You def think differently no doubt about that. I don't need to stalk, you aren't that important so please don't flatter yourself. I only remembered one post because it was so off color and somebody had to actually point it out to you because you couldn't comprehend why.
All in all, Im kinda tired of internet arguing with you since its pointless. I do wish your daughter all the best though and safe playing.
What's the deal with you? You have hardly been on here that much and all you want to do is start on people. For a guy that is trying to get his business going so he can do it full time. You are not helping yourself out. May be some of us might even have considered buying something from your store, but not now with your attitude. Good day sir.

Apr 14, 2011
Not only do our girls have to wear team practice shirts to practice - they have assigned colors as well...my DD even tried wearing her old team socks, but it was even mentioned at the end of practice that she needed to throw them away (you don't have to wear team socks to practice, but they just can't be another team's socks). My DD takes her hitting, catching and fielding lessons at our organization's facility but is not required to wear team gear, but again, she can't wear other team's gear either. Come Spring, in addition to team gear, they'll also be required to wear a specific brand from head to toe (including the bat)...

By the way, I also agree with wearing current team shirts to camps and clinics. If there is any interest in her, that is a great way for them to know who to contact!

Jun 24, 2013
Not only do our girls have to wear team practice shirts to practice - they have assigned colors as well...my DD even tried wearing her old team socks, but it was even mentioned at the end of practice that she needed to throw them away (you don't have to wear team socks to practice, but they just can't be another team's socks). My DD takes her hitting, catching and fielding lessons at our organization's facility but is not required to wear team gear, but again, she can't wear other team's gear either. Come Spring, in addition to team gear, they'll also be required to wear a specific brand from head to toe (including the bat)...

By the way, I also agree with wearing current team shirts to camps and clinics. If there is any interest in her, that is a great way for them to know who to contact!
A restriction on SOCKS! Must not be pitchers then. My DD's are P's and they go through socks like crazy. I can see if the socks had the others team name on them..... well even that is stretching it but..... SOCKS?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Organizations or coaches that demand certain team colors for practice, that really is a waste of energy and time for enforcement that is not productive. It is a red flag to me. Plus organizations don't show loyalty the other way, so why show them. We're talking about PRACTICE.

I can understand where that's not for everybody, and maybe not for most, but I've had a good experience with it.

I was head coach at an organization that did a good job of going from all-stars to entry-level travel but wasn't respected beyond that. We had trouble attracting players from outside the home park rec program, and even our own players lacked the same 'professionalism' or sense of pride that more established, successful programs had.

We changed the name of the program from the park to the state - ie, Central Park Tigers to Tennessee Tigers (just making the names up). We bought nicer uniforms and matching bat bags. We had practice t-shirts that everyone was required to wear.

I voted against it, but I changed my mind after giving it a try. For who we were at the time, it was a good move. It wasn't as simple as practice t-shirts. There were a lot of changes going on. We committed to playing a tougher schedule, and we attracted some new players and released some that were less dedicated. But the t-shirts were symbolic of the new direction we were taking. I think the players bought into it. We've since moved to another state, but my DD misses the the old practice dress code. Maybe it was corny, but for the right team, it can work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207