Water Flow Control

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2008
I am looking for ideas to control water flow onto our softball diamond. It has been in this spot for as many years as I can remember and then some. It sits along a city street, but down below the street. The bleachers are built into the side of that bank. There is a bank or hill along the entire 3rd base / left field side and around the backstop and part way down the first base side. When it rains, it acts like a funnel and directs the water right out onto the infield. The concrete around the fence is old and is not tapered to control the water. It maybe was at one time, but now it isn't. There is a uneven gap between the concrete and fence and I am wondering what I can do to control the water flow. We are considering filling the gap with blacktop and making a curb above the concrete to direct the water around the sides. We also considered doing the same with concrete. I tried 2" x 10" planks behind the backstop, but that didnt work out very good as a harder rain allows water to get under the planks and it washes out the sand that way. My idea was to get a concrete saw and cut the concrete around behind the backstop so it is an equal gap all the way around, then fill it in with blacktop or concrete so it holds good and we can make the small curb on top. Money will be a issue. I just got funds to get 5 loads of infield material for this diamond, so I wont be getting any more. I will be doing all the labor, I am just looking for ideas what I can do that will be cost effective. If anyone has any ideas, please do share them with me.

Thanks

Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafeli