USSSA WS or ASA Nationals?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
10U and 12U have fun
14U it starts to get serious, first year can be fun, second year needs to be a step up
16U and 18U play the highest level nationals your team can qualify for.

Oct 4, 2014
NJ
This is easy: You try to qualify for ASA and if you do, make a call on whether you go or not depending on location, quality of your qualifier, etc.

To qualify for USSSA WS in Florida all you need is a check for the entry fee.

I have heard that about the USSSA WS. We played all ASA tournaments this year in NJ. For next year looking to branch out play some good competition and see if we can compete. A regional national may be better suited for our org considering we are a new organization.

I suppose ASA would be the best way to go? How competitive is PGF and TCS compared to ASA and USSSA?

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Personally, I think anyone who thinks going to FL in mid-July is any fun is nuts! Hot, humid, crowded expensive theme parks, etc. There are many other locations that are much better to go for Nationals. (Yes, I get grouchy when it is hot, humid, and crowded!);)

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
I have heard that about the USSSA WS. We played all ASA tournaments this year in NJ. For next year looking to branch out play some good competition and see if we can compete. A regional national may be better suited for our org considering we are a new organization.

I suppose ASA would be the best way to go? How competitive is PGF and TCS compared to ASA and USSSA?

Probably depends on your location. ASA is losing ground in the southwest and west coast to PGF, TCS and USSSA in that order.

Jul 3, 2013
Personally, I think anyone who thinks going to FL in mid-July is any fun is nuts! Hot, humid, crowded expensive theme parks, etc. There are many other locations that are much better to go for Nationals. (Yes, I get grouchy when it is hot, humid, and crowded!);)

We went in July. The crowded expensive theme parks and the 3/4 mile walk from parking lot to the field were bad. But the heat and humidity we came from in Missouri was worse.

As for competition, while we didn't fare well, it was not top level A ball. We saw just about the same we had in local tourneys. Upper B level/ lower A is a good description.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This is easy: You try to qualify for ASA and if you do, make a call on whether you go or not depending on location, quality of your qualifier, etc.

To qualify for USSSA WS in Florida all you need is a check for the entry fee.

I believe USSSA is adding an ASA/PGF style World Series in 2016. You have to play qualifiers and I think it will be played in Kansas City. Just thought I would throw that out there as it may give some teams another option.

Oct 4, 2014
NJ
I believe USSSA is adding an ASA/PGF style World Series in 2016. You have to play qualifiers and I think it will be played in Kansas City. Just thought I would throw that out there as it may give some teams another option.

Funny as I ready your post I came across this website. USA Elite Select

You are correct. Anyone have any experience in the jersey/NY/PA area with USSSA Select? It seems there is a qualifier in NJ for this tournament.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
Based on our experience at last month's USSSA WS at ESPN WWOS, be prepared for trophy chasing teams who purposefully request to be downgraded to a lower division (in this case to a C team) and then have better pitching / hitting than most A or B teams observed in the same age group. And yes, the team parents did admit that the team manager requested the change to the state director. When checking the USSSA profile for the team, they had come in second place in a tourney when playing up to next age group.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
USA Elite Select is totally separate from the normal WS in Orlando. You have to actually earn you way in through a qualifier and it will not include B or C class brackets. I believe this is their big push to get into the national scene. I believe this will be a big event and if you take a look at the qualifiers so far there are some big organizations taking part.

Honestly if they come through on everything they are offering and throwing out there I think it will impact ASA/TCS/PGF on the national level. USSSA has more money than the others due to their involvement in every sport imaginable. Deep pockets can help them fight the other competition. Ask the USFA what happens when USSSA wants to be the main player in your footprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehopkins80