USSSA World Series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2012
Need some Help here. My DD 14U '99 team won a USSSA tournament this weekend and it gave a birth to the world series. We know nothing about it what's it like is the competition good, how are the facilitates, weather in Florida that time of year we would be traveling form the northwest and trying to decide if it would be worth it. Thanks for any advice.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
There is a large variety of competition. Some very good teams. It's at Espn Wide World of sports complex @ Disney, so nice as it gets. It is hotter than hell fire in Florida then.

https://www.espnwwos.com/

There is a world series event a bit closer to you in West Corvina Ca also.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The USSSA and USFA World Series are great end of the season tournaments if you are not going to ASA or PGF Nationals. The competition is a "box of chocolates"....but you will have a good time, great weather (as long as you don't mind the heat), good food and lots of activities. My DD's team went to the USFA World Series in Panama City, FL as a 1st year 14U team and we had a blast. Rented a condo right on the beach and had a great mix of softball and fun. Since we were going to the beach siblings, parents and cousins all wanted to go too, so we turned it into a family vacation. Our hotel was right across the street from an oyster/karaoke bar and I had raw oysters and beer for dinner 6 nights in a row - because I loved it!

Last year as a 2nd year 14U team we went to ASA Nationals in Normal, IL and other than the "prestige" of qualifying for ASA Nationals, I would take the trip to the beach vs. the trip to the middle of nowhere.....we played one game a day and then sat around and watched the corn grow while spending $140/night for a hotel room that was normally $70/night.

Mar 31, 2014
The tournament is a good tournament, don't go thinking you will play all your games at the WWOS because they use several complexes around the greater Orlando area and some complexes are nicer than others. They do televise the games on the USSSA website and the championships are televised on ESPN3. The rain is more of an issue than the heat, last year we didn't get to play all of our pool games. With regard to the heat, make sure and buy three times as much water as you think your team will need because everything in the WWOS is very expensive.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
This year USSSA does not actually require teams to "qualify" for any of their World Series events by winning a tournament. All you have to do is declare your intention to participate and get your state director to approve it.

I'm not a big fan of that particular event. You are talking mid- to late-July in Orlando with millions of other Disney lovers. You will not get a lot of quality time at the parks during your off times between games. Long lines, hot humid weather, a boatload of money to stay and play - not for me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan