Up against a wall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2014
Middle America
Well, interesting question. It seems our little town had this same issue with girls basketball a few years ago. Enough aau basketball parents got together that they brought back a retired teacher to return the program to its former glory. Essentially a generation later. I wouldn't think I would be too far off to request the same consideration. If fact there's an excellent coach with a state title pedigree that tried to get the job but his granddaughter has since lost interest due the current coach situation. Maybe I shold just confess that instead of sitting at home, mowing the lawn, and saving money I chose to support my DD in her journey and have subseqently blown her college savings on gas, fees, Taco Bell and private lessons. She's a hell of a ball player. I'll go to bat for her.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I have no idea. Keep 20 kids busy until they catch pneumonia? I dread the thought of dd playing for her HS team if this chick is the coach. Do I approach the AD as time gets closer ? Are official HS stats that important for recruiting?

HS ball is what it is and you will only grow old and frustrated attempting to fix it. Stats and other subjective information is pretty much meaningless for recruiting. I think you are beginning to see why.

Your DD needs to find a way to make her HS experience both fun and beneficial to her long term athletic goals. Failing that she needs to do something else that is worth the investment in time and energy. She should not feel obligated to play.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1