Turf Shoes For Pitching - Feedback Please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
DD has has 2 pairs of metal cleats that she rotates (Adidas and Mizuno) and likes them both. However, we are looking to add a pair of turf shoes that she can pitch in on the dirt in games when we hit fields that the pitching lane is hard as cement. She has slipped a couple of times because the fields can be so poor and compact at times.

A couple of years ago our HS pitchers were wearing turf shoes the entire season. I asked some parents why and they really couldn't give me an answer other than they really liked them and they were more comfortable. They didn't seem to have any issues on soft dirt either.

Below is a description for a Ringor turf shoe that makes me believe they would be suitable:
Get more out of your purchase with a shoe that goes from the turf, to the dirt, to the gym with ease. For early season indoor training to those middle-of-summer rock-hard fields, this pair of softball turf shoes will be a welcome addition to your fastpitch footwear.

Has anyone had any experience with their DD pitching in a Turf Shoe on the dirt in a game and if so would you recommend it?

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
no experience using the Ringor Turf Shoes in games,
but can attest that they are a rock-solid product.
Highly recommended.
DD uses them for indoor training, and loves them.

I actually just ordered a pair for myself to coach in,
(non-pitching toe version)
I like them that much.

also hoping that they will satisfactorily double as golf shoes,
when I decide to hack my way through 18...

Last edited:
May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Ringors are durable and comfortable. My dd loves them she has the cleats and turf shoes. She uses the Turf for inside pitching tho so I'm not sure how they would do on the clay. Our HS softball field is a big sand box, its horrible to pitch on! She slips in the sand no matter what she wears.

I hate tacos- said no Juan anywhere

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Ringor turf shoes with the pitching toe are a "must have" item for pitchers who do indoor training. DD has had hers for 3 years and they are still look great, but she only wears them for indoor lessons and drills.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
They are great, I wear them. But, I don't run the bases. She may need to see if they have the grip for that. I do need to say, that they wear down quickly and then, they are slick and not good for anything.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Ringor turf shoes with the pitching toe are a "must have" item for pitchers who do indoor training. DD has had hers for 3 years and they are still look great, but she only wears them for indoor lessons and drills.

Just came today... not going to try them on the dirt... getting cleats w/ protect-toe too :{))

Setting here fingers crossed...hoping they fit.... the only thing I don't like so far...besides Fed-Express

Hey Jad... look @ the wear on the middle... from the side to tip toe... look @ the dulling on the new toe I glued on the Nike while I was waiting... Lookz like she'll wear out the knobs on the toe ???

She tried them on....They fit perfect :cool:

Ringor.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
Just came today... not going to try them on the dirt... getting cleats w/ protect-toe too :{))

Setting here fingers crossed...hoping they fit.... the only thing I don't like so far...besides Fed-Express

Hey Jad... look @ the wear on the middle... from the side to tip toe... look @ the dulling on the new toe I glued on the Nike while I was waiting... Lookz like she'll wear out the knobs on the toe ???

She tried them on....They fit perfect :cool:

View attachment 9596

I would say the one in the middle has been through the ringor a couple of times. Couldn't help myself:p How does the weight of the Ringors feel? Heavier or not very noticeable. What you bought is exactly what I am thinking about for DD and what some of the girls pitched in games with. Looks like a great shoe!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I would say the one in the middle has been through the ringor a couple of times. Couldn't help myself:p How does the weight of the Ringors feel? Heavier or not very noticeable. What you bought is exactly what I am thinking about for DD and what some of the girls pitched in games with. Looks like a great shoe!

She pitched in them tonight... loves them. Yes she said much lighter. I am getting protect-toe cleats. You can't hook them on the front of the rubber like you can with cleats inside. You can dig you a rut when out on the diamond

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear they feel lighter. Will have to look into getting some ordered soon.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear they feel lighter. Will have to look into getting some ordered soon.

She needs them for school ball... in the gym for first couple months. She isn't going to pitch @ lessons, because she don't want to tear them up.... She likes the cleats I put the toe on for pitching... but will use turf shoe for hitting because its on concrete... really slides in cleats. You'll be happy :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles