Triple play!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's team had a triple play this weekend. Runners at first and second. A grounder is hit to SS who tags the runner going from second to third, then throws to first for the force. F3 then threw the ball back to the pitcher.

Then the part I had missed that F2 DD had to explain.
Meanwhile, the runner from first rounded second and headed for third. However, the tagged-out runner had stayed on third (hoping the blues had missed the tag), and when the runner saw that third was already occupied, she panicked and headed back to second. F6 went to cover second.​

F1 saw the runner was out there between the bags and threw to the SS who got the tag down on the sliding runner for the third out.

F6 to F3 to F1 to F6. Not something I've ever seen before. :-D

Dec 2, 2012
Excellent "heads-up" play by F6 (both times) and F1 to get the ball back to to F6. Nicely done!

Apr 1, 2010
Excellent "heads-up" play by F6 (both times) and F1 to get the ball back to to F6. Nicely done!

IA, this SS is an awesome player! She's special at 12U; I can't wait to see how lights-out she's going to play in a few years. It's a hard-working group of girls--I can't wait to see all of them play in a few years!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi