Travel Ball Dad

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
DD is playing 18U, so some of the players have BF's so the boys will show up....once usually. After watching 2 days of softball very few boys will make an encore visit.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I've not had many people question all the time we spend with softball and what we're missing, but I have had some female relatives who are old-fashioned and question whether a girl should be spending so much time playing sports. If my daughter talks about having to bandage her knee or spraining her ankle, they question why she would want to play and why we put her through it. She has a grandfather in law who is a huge sports fan, and so I figured he'd want to hear all her tales from the diamond and see her play, but without him saying so, I sense that he's not as keen on girls playing sports as boys. I didn't anticipate some of the stereotypes that go with it. None of this really bothers me or us, but I do find it interesting. My wife is very independent and non-traditional, has a good career, etc., while most of the women on her side of the family always sought traditional roles. They think we're strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi