Training question...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2014
My daughter is a sophomore in high school. Wondering how others do training and conditioning? Our high school coach is requesting 2 hour mandatory velocity (lifting running weight training). This is every day during season Monday through Thursday. 7am to 9am then practice 9am to 11am. Regardless if its game day or not. They do push these girls to give 100% for the full 4 hours but we live in the Midwest and the summer heat often gets to them. Please help me with some insight.

Thanks Haley

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
My daughter is a sophomore in high school. Wondering how others do training and conditioning? Our high school coach is requesting 2 hour mandatory velocity (lifting running weight training). This is every day during season Monday through Thursday. 7am to 9am then practice 9am to 11am. Regardless if its game day or not. They do push these girls to give 100% for the full 4 hours but we live in the Midwest and the summer heat often gets to them. Please help me with some insight.

Thanks Haley

I think I have seen an infomercial for this work out on TV - its called something like FP-240X.

Seriously though, that sounds like an insane schedule. Hopefully there's a mis-communication and the conditioning is just pre-official season/pre-tryouts? Otherwise, everyone would be dead come game time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch