Tournament Weather...COLD ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2014
USSSA holding a travel tour this weekend in NC, 10u thur HS.
Low temp of 24 and a high of 47.
Would you play? As a player, coach, parent...?

Oct 3, 2009
USSSA holding a travel tour this weekend in NC, 10u thur HS.
Low temp of 24 and a high of 47.
Would you play? As a player, coach, parent...?
We are residents of Mo. and my DD is set to play her college ball near the shores of Lake Michigan. So for her a high of 47 is a heat wave!!! Seriously we would play!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We are scheduled to play in the Veterans Tribute Showcase in Atlanta this weekend and the projected temp for our 8am start on Saturday is 30 degrees. If it was a regular tournament we would probably skip it, but since it is a showcase, I am pretty sure we will play. I wonder if my DD can pitch in a parka?

Veterans Tribute Showcase

Aug 12, 2014
47 is balmy. A couple of years ago for our 8U end of season tourney, the high was 30 and it was snowing all day. Our third game of the day started at 7 pm with a temp around 20. I draw the line at playing in heavy rain because that's miserable regardless of how warm it is.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
47 is balmy. A couple of years ago for our 8U end of season tourney, the high was 30 and it was snowing all day. Our third game of the day started at 7 pm with a temp around 20. I draw the line at playing in heavy rain because that's miserable regardless of how warm it is.

At first glance I thought that was heavy rain too, but I am pretty sure it is snow in bucket pinatas picture.

Feb 7, 2014
No.

As a parent I would silently question why games are being scheduled in the middle of November. I am very familiar with cold temperatures, but what purpose does this serve ?

As a coach if I scheduled this and then canceled I better have a back up plan - parents set aside there weekend I assume.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
And I wonder how they keep their hands from breaking when at bat. That is just too effin' cold! (says the Houstonian who has never left Texas)

We are dealing with cold temps with high in 48 and lows in 30s...this is weird November weather for us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes