Tournament & Showcase Time Limits

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 12, 2014
I am a pretty reasonable person, and i do understand the need for time limits but a time limit of 1.25 hrs seems pretty darn fast. We are located on Long Island.

What kind of time limits do you see in your area ? Please let me know area as well.

Thanks all

Jun 11, 2013
Most tournaments are 1H 15 Minutes. Some Asa are 1 hour 20 minutes with championship games being 1.5 hours. in 1 hour 20 we've played several 7 inning games but most are 4-6 innings.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
We had a tourney this year, there was 3 hours between games and no limits. Great games, and the most relaxed tourney I have been to. Granted there were only 16 teams at a park with 8 fields and the tourney was 3 days long. It was wonderful.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
70 minute games for pool and bracket. I can never understand how the boys are able to run their tournaments with 1 hr and 40 minutes games and a 4 game guarantee and get just as many teams though during a weekend, but for the girls it is only 70 minutes games with a 4GG. In our area up until 14U they all play on the same fields. 14U and up the girls actually have more fields. Heck I would take 1 hour and 30 for the girls with a 6 inning max.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Showcases are about being seen by college coaches, and coaches do not care if you win or loose the game, so they are usually "drop dead" or "finish the batter". Since college coaches are trying to watch players on different fields at different times, it is important that the showcases stays on schedule.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Around here tournys are usually 1 hr 20 "finish the inning", but some are drop dead/revert back. Bracket play may extend the time by 15-20 minutes until championship, which is usually 7 innings no time limit (...or so I've heard...sigh).

Showcases are usually drop dead. Gotta get the games in so the college coaches can see who they need to see.

Sep 29, 2014
I've done 60 min pool and 75 min bracket and depending on how it goes it can be terrible...but what can you do if they have to sign up so many teams to make money and there just is not the time in the schedule to do it any other way.

I would be nice of they would build the schedule so you could have longer games but if all they can do is break even they would not do the tournament.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC