Things you think you might mention on your tryout notice....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 30, 2014
Seattle
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2015
We are a new A team needing a catcher, #1 pitcher and a couple of athletic utility players to join us as we are now a part of abc organization and therefore expecting seriously increased tryout attendance now despite the only thing changing is our name. And take a breath......

EXACTLY!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Firecrackers have over 120 teams in 18 states. Do you think the brand might be a little diluted?

I do not know how it is going in other states, but it will be a few years before the Firecrackers teams in GA are competitive at the top level.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
After attending a couple of 18U tryouts and speaking with several coaches, I have now learned that carrying 16-18 players on an 18U roster is pretty common. I know that "life" because more of an issue as the players get older, but I am wondering how the coaches are going to keep 18 players/parents happy when they all show up for a tournament....

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
After attending a couple of 18U tryouts and speaking with several coaches, I have now learned that carrying 16-18 players on an 18U roster is pretty common. I know that "life" because more of an issue as the players get older, but I am wondering how the coaches are going to keep 18 players/parents happy when they all show up for a tournament....

We had an N.C. team that finished 3rd at ASA nationals 18U, and I saw 18 players in the photo. Don't know if that's their normal roster, or whether it had fortifications for the tournament in question.

Most of their players are committed, so I can see having a large roster if you're trying to win major tournaments.

But if you're purely a showcase team, I question whether kids are being exploited on 16-player rosters. You need to be sharp and play to get recruited, but I don't see how these teams can provide enough of that for everyone.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We had an N.C. team that finished 3rd at ASA nationals 18U, and I saw 18 players in the photo. Don't know if that's their normal roster, or whether it had fortifications for the tournament in question.

I know ASA allows teams to add 3 players to their locked roster for Nationals and most teams take advantage of that if they can find parents willing to spend the time and money to play pickup.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It was my experience that the coach never asks all 18 players to one tournament.

Here, it is popular to mention that "Former UofA player __________, will be one of our coaches." That almost never happens.

Aug 20, 2013
Just got a kick from an article about one of our organizations. The listed finishing 4th at the Usssa world series as an accomplishment. What they didn't mention is they only competed against 8 teams. Smh

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Just got a kick from an article about one of our organizations. The listed finishing 4th at the Usssa world series as an accomplishment. What they didn't mention is they only competed against 8 teams. Smh

I am laughing so much right now... see this all the time. I used to make mistakes like bragging about our wins .... like 5 years ago. I since learned it means nothing.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket

See that a lot around here too.

If the win was notable, then people already know about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd