"The Pitches" Hillhouse DVD available now

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2012
Just finished up the FIRST viewing of "The Pitches" video. Well Done!! Bill does a great job of keeping it simple and understandable. I will be watching this with my DD a little later before we're off to open gym pitching session. I really liked the rise ball instruction. We recently had abandoned the "gun or pistol" style grip/per our last open gym session (different one than tonights) BUT will now go back to it using the Hillhouse grip....using her old grip she tried to finish with the "pistol" but did not have the finger curled using the tip for rotation. She simply had her forefinger on the side of seam. I do not remember an emphasis on release point or keeping that thumb pointed towards third. Great video Bill...Thank you very much!!

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
I already had the DVD. I wish there're slow motion scene where I can understand better each type of pitch movement (esspecially at the release point). I'm dissapointed that it is just a lecture DVD where full of theories, no demonstration. Maybe because of my English is not so good to understand lecture session compared to demonstration. What I get from the DVD is how grip the ball for each type of the pitch style but don't know how to throw the ball (esspecially at the release point) :(. In my opinion the first DVD is far better than this one. I'm sorry Bill, just giving you my opinion on the DVD. However I don't regret to buy the DVD.