The magical riseball story.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
No argument from me on that one. The tangent was just from Ken asking about a knuckleball gif that at least "appeared" to rise. And that pitch to Stanton either hops or gives the illusion of doing so. :)

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Umm, I'm pretty dang sure a KB can rise, drop, curve and screw, all in one pitch. Put that in your glass with some ice and drink it...

Dec 7, 2011
btw I love the knuckleball. Easily my favorite pitch. I wish there was some track record for it in FP but I can't find anything.

When a knuckleball is on it is scary good. From what I saw from my many many baseball years it was the most baffling at-bat's for me I can tell ya that. BUT the problem with knuckleballers is that when the knuckleball "artist" is off the knuckleballer gets hit and gets hit hard. I think I can count only a few knuckleballers that made a name for themselves and consistently did well. Did anybody see Dickey get hammered in the World Baseball Classic?

I don't think I would push the kb as a "primary" pitch to any pitcher unless they proved this one-in-a-million consistency with it....

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Umm, I'm pretty dang sure a KB can rise, drop, curve and screw, all in one pitch. Put that in your glass with some ice and drink it...

I'm putting that in my glass and drinking it. Now I'm spitting it back up and saying with all of the conviction of Captain Kirk in Star Trek when he yells out "KAAAAHHHHNNNN"....."PITCHES DO NOT BREAK UPWARDS" no how, now way, not in a house not with a mouse, not in a bar not in a car. Next on mythbusters- that Unicorn you just saw is just a horse with a broomstick strapped to its forehead.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Aug 4, 2011
I couldn't resist.

Dickey_to_Stanton_cropped.gif

No "hop", "jump" or "rise". Sluggers keeps his $500.

Attachments

• Dickey-to-Stanton-cropped.jpg
    Dickey-to-Stanton-cropped.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members