The Letter Jacket

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2014
NC
My DD can't wait to get her LJ. The other 9 girls from her travel team live on the other side of our county and attend/will attend the biggest rival of the DD's school. None of her 5 freshmen travel teammates made varsity at their school. DD has been a starter on varsity all season and made All Conference. The rival school's varsity team also had one of their worst seasons in years,while DD's is having one of their best. :cool:

Apr 14, 2011
I say definitely get one if she wants one. My son never wanted one, but he is kind of a fashionista. I know my DD wants one so I will probably have to end up getting one. Being in the northeast, I hope she will get some use out of it, at least while she is still in HS.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We are ordering it next week. She probably won't wear it until fall ball but she will have it. They have 4 conference games left and lead by 1. They have beat the remaining 4 teams but one of them is just 1 game back. A conference champs patch would be nice.

Apr 14, 2011
We are ordering it next week. She probably won't wear it until fall ball but she will have it. They have 4 conference games left and lead by 1. They have beat the remaining 4 teams but one of them is just 1 game back. A conference champs patch would be nice.

Cool. good luck! Does the conference actually give out conference champ patches? Or is it something an individual school gives out for their teams?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Does the conference actually give out conference champ patches?

it's all new to me as she is a freshman and we haven't been to the athletic awards night yet. They haven't won the championship in a while so there are no parents to ask.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
DD (freshman ) ordered her letter jacket this past March. They gave her the letter after playing Jan/Feb/March. I think the criteria is that they play 5 full games (and not necessarily district games either). Also, only varsity members are awarded jackets...and I believe they offer letters in just about every category. I suspect DD will get NHS and a couple of letters for academic achievements.

DD's jacket arrives sometime this month...in Texas. So, she won't actually get to wear until maybe November. LOL. But at least she lettered her freshman year...she will be able to wear her jacket for 3 years.

Apr 11, 2012
I love that you all are excited and value a letter jacket for your kids....I still have mine to this day and very proud of my DD letter jacket....for my DD's jacket, the gold "L" is standard....the white "L" is for a conference championship and the black "L" is for winning it all....quite a few of her individual patches on the back also....I would guess I have about $675 in it so far with a year to go....worth every penny too....

IMG_1581a.jpg

Apr 11, 2012
it's all new to me as she is a freshman and we haven't been to the athletic awards night yet. They haven't won the championship in a while so there are no parents to ask.

at my DD's school....the "Letters" are given to the individual student and usually the color of the letter has meaning, but get another patch that says they won their conference so everyone who sees it will know....but all that stuff has to be bought by the student....errrr.....parents (usually), and those patches are not cheap...then there's the sewing costs too...but again, worth every penny!!!!!

Jul 26, 2010
I was going to get my kid one for xmas after making V as a freshman. Found out (luckily in time) she didn't want one because "everyone else has one". Score one for the anti-sheep.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd