The FRISBEE CURVEBALL.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2012
My DD was taught the curve ball with the Frisbee but she throws a palm up curve. The Frisbee is placed in the hand so the flat part is up and her thumb would go underneath against the lip. At release she would "snap" her wrist forward still keeping the Frisbee flat. It was funny to watch when she started but now she can sling it full speed and accurate.

My DD is a 05 and her pitching coach has had her practicing with a frisbee, getting ready to throw a curveball. I still dont really understand it, but my DD knows how to do it, and gets the concept.She hasnt started throwing the pitch form the mound yet. My question is with all the extra tourqe and stress on the wrist/armwhat age should a pitcher start throwing a curve.

Yeah she is 8, but she is a big 8. As of now she is just throwing it from like 7-10 feet to get the understanding of the arm and wrist motion, and how to finish the pitch. In a few months she wants to start to move her back gradually, probaly with the hope that by spring she will be able to throw it in games. She is excited about learning a new pitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loudee16