The Chamberlain File

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I found a great compilation of Lauren Chamberlain's highlights and grabbed a few HRs (I wish my GIF-maker was better). Here's the source video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCf1dVp6Kuc

If anyone has other clips to add, that would be great.

LC-2_zps6xmjbz8z.gif

LC-1_zpsuvnme0fu.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
My contribution

dCKAUS.gif

Legs, arms, hands relaxed and then you shift the weight back focusing on creating a stable back hip. The focus is on getting the weight back and the hips being the handle of the whip. The hands stay relaxed until they "catch a ride", arms relaxed while following the movement of the hips. Stretching slightly against the movements of the lower body. The arms and hands stay relaxed in phase 1 of the swinging, getting the weight back, and shifting forward, positive move, weight shift. Because they can't "follow" if their leading. To get the torso more involved the action of the upperbody can take over or cancel out the torso. The body starts centered, within both feet. The knees are pinched in a bit, staying in-between both feet.

There is a axis of rotation created around the hands. Their positioning is important in creating that axis (hands are back).

Also the base always stays between the feet, creating leverage off both feet/legs.

Getting the weight back and leading with the hip, back hip.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Is it ok to lift your back foot like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is early in the swing. This isn't a perfect swing, ideally, to stay 50/50 is ideal. The hip action can be different, there is a clear adjustment being made in the timing of the hips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207