The "A" Team Calls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
For reasons of their own (to play with their friends), my DDs have wanted to stick with the local fastpitch organization in spite of the fact that the respective coaches of the "A" teams have not selected them to be on their teams. In fact, for the reason of perceived unfairness to my DDs I once retired as a coach for the organization but, after taking a year off, I agreed to help out.

Anyway, my oldest DD finally made her first "A" team this past year. She plays 16U and was very nervous this year about proving that she belonged. It didn't take many games but she has already established herself as the ace pitcher, best second baseman, and one of the best hitters on a team with several college prospects. In fact, last weekend she pitched and beat a very good club team where the opposing coach even came over and complimented her. Needless to say, she is on cloud nine.

After making an "A" team the first time that she tried out for TB my youngest DD who plays 14U has never made one since. She was a very good pitcher in 10U A until she was hit by a hard line drive to her face, which really set her back for a number of years. Due to this, the A team coach has never selected her to play on the A team in the intervening years in spite of the fact that she usually has won the pitching competition at the tryouts. Just this past week the A team coach invited my DD to play with the team in league play and a tournament this coming weekend. I forwarded the invitation to my DD saying that if you don't want to play with them I totally understand. She thought about it for a long time until finally she agreed. So she will be playing with the A team, again, this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii