Team intentionally hits umpire as retaliation for "bad calls"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
I've seen it done before. An umpire is there to call the game in a fair manner. If an umpire isn't impartial then it ruins the sanctity of the game. I've seen umpires turn on teams and the players pay the price. If the girl is hitting the face mask then she's hitting her spots. Umpire needed to be impartial even if someone pissed him off!

Jan 25, 2011
I've seen it done before. An umpire is there to call the game in a fair manner. If an umpire isn't impartial then it ruins the sanctity of the game. I've seen umpires turn on teams and the players pay the price. If the girl is hitting the face mask then she's hitting her spots. Umpire needed to be impartial even if someone pissed him off!
This was posted before, the thing is the pitch was low, before the uncalled for disgrace of the game. If you listen to the mouths yelling at the ump. The ump did a good job, I myself would of thrown out all the mouthy fans.

Jun 22, 2008

Already hashed out months ago. Regardless of what went on beaning the umpire is never acceptable. For those that think it is no big deal because he was hit in protective gear and wasnt hurt, I can tell you from personal experience it could have easily been a serious injury. How funny would it have been if they umpire ended up in the hospital or worse?

Dec 7, 2011
I don't remember this one months ago - I wonder what the prospective college coaches would think of their "to-be" pitcher/catcher going along with this stunt?

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I don't remember this one months ago - I wonder what the prospective college coaches would think of their "to-be" pitcher/catcher going along with this stunt?

Very similar thing happened 3-4 years ago in a playoff baseball game in Georgia. The catcher had earned a spot as a preferred walk-on at a college. He was uninvited.

Jun 22, 2008

The thread from back in beginning of December. Have no idea if it is true or not, but have heard rumors the pitcher lost her scholarship and the coach resigned. Last I checked the schools recruiting web page the pitcher was still listed as an incoming recruit.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/17262-unreal.html

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan