team disbands after season....refund for parents??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I would suggest putting it to a vote. Have a few options including dividing up the money between players, giving to a charity or local high school program and let the players decide.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
No refund. The money was collected, the year was played and the team folded. The team doesn't ask for their bags back or uniforms back because you paid for them. The parents should have asked for "MORE" during the season to ensure their money was being used correctly.
Wow...so we got scammed? lesson learned! Screw everyone as much as possible! Thanks

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Wow...so we got scammed? lesson learned! Screw everyone as much as possible! Thanks

Not what I said. You paid XXX dollars for August to August and played it out. Unless there is something I'm missing you got what you believed to be your money's worth. Now that the org folded people want compensation for that? It's not screwing people over, teams fold. The org I was with for 3 years folded, the thought of a refund never crossed my mind since I got what I believed to be my moneys worth. If you feel you need a refund you probably also feel like your DD didn't get coached very well or enough tournaments. (you is being used as a general term and I'm not implying that you are the topic of this).

Altering the situation a little. This same org holds tryouts in Aug and 5 former players don't make the team are they due a refund?

Aug 9, 2013
Hard to believe a 3K balance would exist at the end of the year. That would mean a few possible things 1) Not enough tournaments 2) Didn't spend enough on coaches to come in and work with the team 3) Made more than planned for fundraising

For my team, we ended over last year - we did the following: 1) Instead of charging everyone for an under armour cold gear - we paid it from the team and made it part of the uniform 2) Paid for meals 2X on our last travel trip out of state 3) Threw a small end of season party. 4) Bought tShirts for the girls at a tournament We made more from tournament revenue that was unplanned. So the kids got something back out of it. We ended that season with a 0 balance.

Dec 19, 2012
Why is there $3,000 left over in the account? What exactly caused the overage? That's over $225 per kid. Did the team receive everything they were promised over the course of the season? Are you sure the organization paid all outstanding debt?

Aug 9, 2013
And maybe one other thing to note - every team disbands after a season and then reforms the next year. Sometimes the same kids are back but each year is a new year.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
from what I understand...uniforms were cheaper than originally planned...2 tournaments cancelled due to rain that were 600 each... the 3, 000 is not an exact figure. The budget, again from what I understand, was done to where no money was left over at the end. If the team stayed together then the money would have been rolled over to the next season

Aug 9, 2013
from what I understand...uniforms were cheaper than originally planned...2 tournaments cancelled due to rain that were 600 each... the 3, 000 is not an exact figure. The budget, again from what I understand, was done to where no money was left over at the end. If the team stayed together then the money would have been rolled over to the next season

My organization requires us to zero out before the next season starts. It all sounds well and good to roll over but if your daughter was not on the team next year, I would think that would not be acceptable to keep their contribution for other girls to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG