tcb balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
Looking to get some for front toss. Which do you prefer atomic or next size smaller?

12u team 2nd year.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
They put out a warning on the heavier balls with younger kids. I will try to find it for you. One thing after I tested them was a warning not hit more than 12 in a row of the large or small ones. Plus mix in other balls after that 12. I really love the wiffles, used them at practice last night . They can be used even if it is windy.

Dec 29, 2010
My dds team do not do enough front toss at practice or pre game warm ups. I have told the hc they need to track the ball coming at them. Side toss and tee work is not enough. They have wiffle (plastic) but on windy days forget about it. Thx again for replys

Oct 19, 2009
I use the baseball size TCB and the whole balls you can get from TCB cost more that a wiffle, but they are pertty much Indestructible.

Apr 1, 2010
I'm chiming in a bit late, but I'd definitely recommend the smaller ones, not the atomics. The tcb brand holes balls are great too!

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I use the baseball size TCB and the whole balls you can get from TCB cost more that a wiffle, but they are pertty much Indestructible.
The poster meant HOLE balls - they are also slightly heavier than whiffles too so they aren't affected by the wind as much.

I have both but tend to use the solid baseball sized ones for pregame warmup. nothing to set up and I do front toss at varying speeds with players thru U18. I tend to use the hole balls indoors instead of whiffles, butyou can use them both indoors or out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877