TB and select

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I thought TB meant "travel ball". I don't think there is a difference...I think the difference lies in whether your team is classified as a "A", "B" or "C" team...also, I think it's "travel ball" if you don't have enough competition within your vicinity, so you have to travel for good competition. For us, we are "select"...while we still travel (only within state so far...still a good 2-4 hours to go to Dallas or somewhere else), we get a LOT of good competition within our vicinity (we live in Houston, TX area).

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Select ball is soccer. Travel ball is softball.

I have one dd that plays soccer tournaments, all those families and clubs call it select.
We plays softball tourneys, we call ourselves a "tournament team."

...but honestly no...just whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
In GA, Select refers to All-Star teams made up from Rec leagues that compete in friendlies or tournaments against other All-Star teams.

Dec 18, 2012
I am from Georgia and my DD did originally play something called "Select" which was basically all-star teams made up from the rec league. Coaches would hold tryouts and then form a Select team (best of all the rec players) that would play tournaments usually on Sunday (b/c rec was on Saturday) and the rule in those tournaments was that the players had to be players that also played rec at the park...couldn't be travel ball players. Last year we left that to go to travel ball. Honestly the Select team could probably have beaten some C level travel ball teams but wouldn't stand a chance against higher B or A level travel ball teams.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp