Talk about an Overreaction:

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
That coach would hate me then. I always talked to the umps before, during, and after games. Sometimes I was even nice to them. :)
Playing within 200 miles of home, you run into the same crews all the time. Might be a quick talk about the weather, a stud they saw at the 10am game, a funny play, some nut coach :rolleyes:, where they will be next weekend, yada yada.

Tommy and Larry were my favorite crew. Professional, competent, consistent, dead nuetral on the field, but never shy with a pre-game hello to all or a game-earned post-game compliment.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
As a parent I complement our opponents for an HR. A long ball is a long ball, I don't care who hits it, at 60 MPH I am impressed! Now if my DD can hit like she did four years ago she would be setting records. So disappointing that coach took anything away from this situation.

Jul 10, 2012
My Favorite thing as a umpire is giving a game ball to a girl that went over the fence, handed two to a mom of a player that hit two grand slams in a game. It was a honor to do it.

Dec 29, 2010
Opposing coach just taking out his frustration on umpire and made a big stink about nothing. Your kid roped him, blasted his pitchers, (probably calling game) and couldnt be a man about it. Maybe he was really thinking, why didnt we recruit this player. Way for her to come out of her funk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish