Swinging down on the ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The barrel needs to be whipped down not turned down. The blur starts during the change of direction of the barrel.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Bonds_tophand4_zps0sxqwngd.gif

Is meant to give the feel of this portion of the swing here ....

27xq7n9.jpg

Oct 21, 2012
What drill, what phrase to explain, what cue, can I give my 9 yo DD to get her on plane with the ball. We do a lot of long tee and her swing is beautiful on tee. But pitched balls has a downward plane to the ball. When she gets on plane she crushes the ball. When she has the downward plane hits a lot of grounder and weak line drives with so much back spin it has no drive. Long tee helps getting the good swing, but having trouble getting good swing to pitched balls. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chad

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
What drill, what phrase to explain, what cue, can I give my 9 yo DD to get her on plane with the ball. We do a lot of long tee and her swing is beautiful on tee. But pitched balls has a downward plane to the ball. When she gets on plane she crushes the ball. When she has the downward plane hits a lot of grounder and weak line drives with so much back spin it has no drive. Long tee helps getting the good swing, but having trouble getting good swing to pitched balls. Any suggestions appreciated.

Chad

When doing long tee, mix in a very short tee (mini traffic cone, 2-liter soda bottle, etc.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad