Swing Plane/ Swing Plane Matching Analysis Videos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 27, 2009
Has anyone out there have some links to swing plane analysis videos? Hopefully with Set Pro software or something along the lines of that that I can download to help clarify and/or teach my team the swing plane and/or swing plane matching concept or theory.

Softballdad

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I am not surprised that there haven't been any replies, teaching swing plane is difficult. I built a training aid that I use, like any aid it helps some girls but not others. Here is a link to a similar device used in golf, if you think that it might work for you PM me and I'll give you a detailed description of how to put it together, it uses a batting tee.

http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Rick-Smi...5N5E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323574354&sr=8-2

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
002-1.jpg

This is one thing I use for swing plane. Slow motion swing with back aligned with blue tape, and bat aligned with blue tape 45 degreed off other tape.
Left and right handed batters.

Tilt and Turn When the knob of bat is facing the pitcher in mirror release the hammer, wrists to impact
Again slow motion swing and dont let the upper body get ahead, turn connected.
This drill is only to impact and if you want to reverse chain it you can.

Keep it simple

Straightleg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks for the input guys. I guess I didn't quite express my true inquest, it should have been swingplane ballplane matching similar to this video except in the softball realm. However this video appears to be mistakenly setup more towards the softball ballplane as opposed to a downward trajectory of baseball plane, this also aids in teaching to stay inside the ball to prevent casting of the hands.
I have seen a device where you setup an 1/8" vinyl coated cable with wiffles strung through where you can setup on ball/pitch plane and have the girls swing and hit the wiffles on plane. However I am looking for videos to explain the purpose and theory to the other coaches and eventually the girls before introducing this drill so that hey may all know and understand the purpose and reasoning behind the drill.

Advanced Hitting - String Drill to Improve Swing Path - For MSPB - YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g