Stupid Things Parents Say- Like you didn't see this coming!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2014
I really hate it, when the parent (and then, the young girl), say that she hit a HR, when it was a single and 3 base error.

I see that on people's Facebook posts alot, usually with a video showing what was a missed single and then some overthrows. I have to sit on my hands so I don't type THAT'S NOT A HR!!!

Feb 14, 2014
One from this year's 8u rec coach pitch team. We had a first year player who made about 1/2 the games and 1/4 of the practices. She never even touched a softball until her first practice.

Mom: I don't know why she has trouble hitting in games. She hits the ball at home.
Coach: So she's hitting pitches at home?
Mom: No. We have a softball on a string tied to the porch and she can hit it every time.

Jun 11, 2013
I think an even more interesting topic might be stupid things non parent relatives say. I cringe when the uncle shows up for one tournament without a clue.

Jun 24, 2013
I think an even more interesting topic might be stupid things non parent relatives say. I cringe when the uncle shows up for one tournament without a clue.
I was scouting for my TB team at a local rec league game one night. This one uncle comes up to me and says his neice is good enough for travel because her arm is so strong she can, from SS, "overthrow 1B every time". And she proceeded to do that during the game, multiple times.

Nov 15, 2013
Player walks up to coach after conditioning and says "I've got it right here in my contract that I don't have to do any calisthenics that I feel aren't necessary."

Jun 11, 2013
I once heard a Grandfather say to his daughter. It's too bad <can't remember name> is the only good player on this team.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Alright, I'll play...mostly associated with town ball.

"You need to run faster"
"she needs to take some speed off it so she can throw strikes"
"Infielders you need to call it, first one that calls it takes it"...Few moments later, ball drops after pitcher calls it and doesn't make the play..."shortstop you need to come in and make that play"
"Batter you need to watch where the ball goes after you hit it"
I have not problem with the last one. Every good baserunner should peak at the ball to see where its going. Don't stare at it, but they have to know if they are going for 2 or not right out of the box

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd